Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP Recommendation

Options
  • 04-04-2017 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi there everybody!

So, moving from Dublin to Cork for a new job and to be closer to family. Really looking forward to it at this stage now! :D

However, I've had quite a few medical issues in the last year; some hypochondria and some real issues. I'm lucky in that I have a fantastic GP in Dublin and I'm quite nervous about changing.

Would anyone have any recommendations of GPs in Cork who are: good and don't just throw antibiotics at you for everything, willing to listen and to consider diagnostic tests (bloods, referrals etc) without always dismissing you? I've had a good few bad experiences with GPs.

Will be living in Carrigaline area and working in town, so I'm open to locations. Would rather travel for a great GP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Not very local but after my doctor passed away I spent 15 years trying a variety out and Declan O'Brien on church road blackrock was best.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭AnSliabhCorcra

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Not very local but after my doctor passed away I spent 15 years trying a variety out and Declan O'Brien on church road blackrock was best.

Good to know. Thank you! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Hi there everybody!

So, moving from Dublin to Cork for a new job and to be closer to family. Really looking forward to it at this stage now! :D

However, I've had quite a few medical issues in the last year; some hypochondria and some real issues. I'm lucky in that I have a fantastic GP in Dublin and I'm quite nervous about changing.

Would anyone have any recommendations of GPs in Cork who are: good and don't just throw antibiotics at you for everything, willing to listen and to consider diagnostic tests (bloods, referrals etc) without always dismissing you? I've had a good few bad experiences with GPs.

Will be living in Carrigaline area and working in town, so I'm open to locations. Would rather travel for a great GP.

Www.grandparademedical.IE are newly opened in the city. 2 excellent doctors.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,441 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

You could try the Carrigaline Surgery on the Main Street or there's a new place after opening up in Old Waterpark by the Credit Union, which is behind the Garda station.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Rhinohippo

Do you have a preference for a male or female doctor?

• Advertisement
Advertisement