Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 920 strap

Options
  • 04-04-2017 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

Heading to Rotterdam this weekend and the strap on my 920 decided to split over the weekend. I can make it work with some pins and tape so no major panic but wondering if anyone knows a shop that stocks Garmin straps? Most seem to only order them in on demand. Don't have time to order at this stage...

As an aside, the amount of people with broken Garmin straps is surprising given the cost of them... the quality is very poor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Redial

The Edge in Cork had them a couple of months back and deliver free next day if your order is over E50.  Staff told me that on average use the straps are lasting 12-18 months.  I've stopped wearing mine as an everyday watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

EC1000 wrote: »
    Heading to Rotterdam this weekend and the strap on my 920 decided to split over the weekend. I can make it work with some pins and tape so no major panic but wondering if anyone knows a shop that stocks Garmin straps? Most seem to only order them in on demand. Don't have time to order at this stage...

As an aside, the amount of people with broken Garmin straps is surprising given the cost of them... the quality is very poor.

I have a spare strap - the velco one, probably have the pins as well.

Based on Dublin, albeit in Belarus until Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

Mine started to give way after 3 years and I wear mine 24/7 working in a pretty harsh environment

Bought the cheap replacements off eBay and they seem good enough to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

I've used Cycle Superstore in Tallaght for a replacement strap for another model
    920 strap here.https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=93146

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Thanks all. I tried various outlets and then ordered one directly from Garmin yesterday which shipped last night and is due for delivery tomorrow morning. Interestingly I found out during my search that the 920 is now discontinued as a model.... Garmin are not hanging around with legacy versions....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Redial

Interestingly I found out during my search that the 920 is now discontinued as a model.... Garmin are not hanging around with legacy versions....
    I can understand why for marketing reasons and also if it's now the only square faced model in the "high end" range that they were manufacturing.  Components of the others are reportedly very similar.  Went from a 305 to the 920 and have grown very accustomed to the 2x2 matrix layout over the years.  Hopefully the battery on the 920 lasts a few more years yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Thanks all. I tried various outlets and then ordered one directly from Garmin yesterday which shipped last night and is due for delivery tomorrow morning. Interestingly I found out during my search that the 920 is now discontinued as a model.... Garmin are not hanging around with legacy versions....
    Did it arrive?
    Friend heading to Rotterdam too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

tunney wrote: »
    Did it arrive?
    Friend heading to Rotterdam too.

Thanks Dave, appreciate it. Arrived about 10 minutes ago. Their straps might be sh1te but their customer service is pretty sound.

Advertisement