Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watching rugby online (legitimately)

Options
  • 04-04-2017 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Is there any way of getting BT sport (for rugby) in Dublin without a contract? I've Virgin broadband (but not TV), Saorview, UK Freesat, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. My wife wants to see rugby matches on BT Sport and on Sky Sport. I'm not going to take out a €1500 annual TV subscription for something that will be watched 10 or 20 times each year. Apart from getting a dodgy box (which I don't agree with), what other solutions are there?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

If changing your broadband to Eir is an option, you'll get BT Sport for free (or included in the price at any rate).

There's no way to get Sky Sports without a contract here. In the U.K. there is a Sky Sports Pass on Now TV, but Sky in their infinite wisdom won't offer it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pyro66

It looks like Now TV have just launched in Ireland. It's dearer than the UK (€10 for one day sport access vs ?7 in the UK) so back to "Rip off Republic"! ... but at least it's sorted out half of my problem. Now hopefully BT Sport will introduce some similar day pass access for a reasonable price.

Pity that there isn't proper competition in the market.

Advertisement