Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterproof GPS/Phone attachment for this...

• 04-04-2017 12:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

I would like to put a normal car GPS into a waterproof case but I can't find any cases that fit ontop of that ball thing. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Wizard, I can tell you from bitter experience this does not work. You might have better luck.....

We tried this approach going to Germany 2 years ago and it failed BIG TIME. For a start we could not use the GPS through the case which is not ideal and the worst thing was if it gets warm (the unit or the temps outside) and/or starts to rain you cannot see the unit AT ALL as the case mists up.

We had a top of the range unit and a decent case of amazon....just bare it in mind m8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Garmin car satnav hooked to the R1 and S1000rr with a flexi satnav case that mounts to the fairing/mirror bracket.

Worked a treat in the welsh mountains in the pouring rain and didnt fog up.Listening to my musiuc on it while getting my satnav directions from a nice english ladies voice.

Tip is to leave the zipper slightly open at the bottom of the case,allows the case to breath in wet conditions.

20160330_214137_zps49sqhzxr.jpg

DSCN4922_zpsmkdegiys.jpg

20160520_112332_zpsgpfdqfdv.jpg

20160819_130841-1-1_zpss1l4xg6g.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Looks like a RAM mount, plenty of gear for it like this:

http://www.nippynormans.com/f650gs-08-on/bike-console-waterproof-case-for-iphone-7-with-ram-1-ball

Not sure what you'll find for GPS itself, but ebay has a few bits also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

also have a look at ultimate addons website too.

Handy for all sorts of power leads and adaptors for satnav mounting.

http://www.ultimateaddons.co.uk/Vehicle_Accessories/Motorcycle_Accessories

I got my satnav holders off ebay from Chinaland.

8 euro and 3 weeks to get here,but worth it so far.

Advertisement