Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding new driver

• 04-04-2017 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi
    I've been quoted a price to add a provisional licence holder to my car insurance, which is quite a lot. It's a lot less if they hold a full licence.

If they pass their test and gain a full licence will this be reflected in a change in policy price or will i be paying the higher price regardless till the policy renews and the new details are added?

I can take the hit on the increased price for a couple of months so I'm hoping they will pass their test very quickly!

Thanks!
    Jon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon jonweir76, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here. 

If an additional driver (with a provisional licence) passes their test and gains their full driving licence, they can do a mid term adjustment on their policy. This change will then impact their premium and they should see a reduction. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement