Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Converting car to van?

Options
  • 04-04-2017 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Looking to buy a car and wondering how to convert it into a van and how much it would roughly cost. There are threads here already about it but but asking in case anything has changed since those threads were made. I am a sole trader and do need the car for work (once or twice every week), but I'd be looking to use it as a daily driver too.

Anyone any ideas/opinions/help?
    Tagged:

Comments

Why not just buy a carvan/van/jeep in the first place to save the hassle and cost. If you are vat registered you can also reclaim the vat on buying a commercial if you can get a vat receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 enialb

I'm not VAT registered. Was looking to convert car as I'd prefer to drive a car, I don't like driving vans and a jeep isn't practical for what I need it for. Ideally an estate is what I'm after

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Somewhere like www.crewcabconversions.ie should be able to give you a price and clarify regulations around this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 enialb

Cheers biko!

Advertisement