Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Everton 4/4/17 k/o 20.00 BT1.

• 04-04-2017 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

manuvseve.png

Man Utd

Ander Herrera and Zlatan Ibrahimovic will be back to bolster Manchester United's squad.

Midfielder Herrera has completed a two-game ban following his dismissal in the FA Cup defeat at Chelsea, while top-scorer Ibrahimovic returns from his three-game suspension for elbowing Tyrone Mings.

Record signing Paul Pogba, who has been absent for the last two games because of a hamstring injury, could be fit to return, but Juan Mata and defenders Phil Jones and Chris Smalling remain on the treatment table.

Provisional squad: De Gea, Romero, Valencia, Fosu-Mensah, Tuanzebe, Rojo, Bailly, Blind, Darmian, Shaw, Young, Carrick, Fellaini, Herrera, Lingard, Mkhitaryan, Rooney, Martial, Rashford, Ibrahimovic.

Everton

Everton look set to have the same squad for tonight's clash as they did for the loss at Liverpool on Saturday.

Everton's ex-United midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin (calf) could be available come the weekend but will remain sidelined for this game, along with the likes of James McCarthy (hamstring) and the duo facing long periods out, Ramiro Funes Mori (knee) and Seamus Coleman (broken leg).

Manager Ronald Koeman says Aaron Lennon, another not involved in the 3-1 Merseyside derby defeat at Anfield, is "not in a physical way to be part of the team".

Provisional squad:Robles, Stekelenburg, Jagielka, Williams, Pennington, Holgate, Baines, Kenny, Davies, Gueye, Barry, Barkley, Calvert-Lewin, Mirallas, Lookman, Lukaku, Valencia, Kone.

Jose Mourinho:

"I just want to think that against Everton we are going to do what we tried to do (against West Brom), to try to play with our best team and try to win the match.

"And after Everton we go to Sunderland with the same perspective ... then the Europa League comes and I don't know.

"It's possible that you see me play in the Premier League with a team where I'm going to protect the players that I consider fundamental for the Europa League."

Ronald Koeman:

"We know that they (United) have difficulties at home, maybe in the last few home results, but they had a lot of ball possession and were the better team in every game. They had chances to score.

"They are still a really strong team."

Comments

• Tough game, but great to see Herrera & Ibra back
    Just hopefully they keep cool heads, no need to get cards straight after the coming back from bans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I fancy Utd tonight, the draws theyve had at home have been usually against park the bus sides with no intention of playing football in the final third, Everton dont really have that in their locker and will try and play ball, it will cost them.

Utd to win 3 - 1 I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Would be very surprised if United don't win. After the dismal display against Liverpool and United were very unlucky not to beat West Brom. Barkley may cause an injury or 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Prediction is 3.0 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Hard to know what will happen. Utd usually follow a poor result with a decent one so you would expect them to win but there home record is pretty pathetic so who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I bet Barkley gets sent off with his first foul, be just typical!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Would be very surprised if United don't win. After the dismal display against Liverpool and United were very unlucky not to beat West Brom. Barkley may cause an injury or 2.

Wouldn't say United were unlucky at all against West Brom tbh. Got exactly what they deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Liam O wrote: »
    Wouldn't say United were unlucky at all against West Brom tbh. Got exactly what they deserved.

Yes, they didn't finish their chances but nobody would've been surprised if it'd ended 2-0 with the opportunities had. Element of luck in it. United on form in front of goal and it's an easy win. Ibra back should win this game for you.

Everton arent great and are punching above their weight in the table. I expect Utd to win this by two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jose throws Mkhitaryan under the bus along with Shaw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Yes, they didn't finish their chances but nobody would've been surprised if it'd ended 2-0 with the opportunities had. Element of luck in it. United on form in front of goal and it's an easy win. Ibra back should win this game for you.
    There were plenty of games this season where you could say united were unfortunate not to win but I don't think the game against West Brom was one of these.

We didn't create anywhere near the amount of chances we should have based on the possession and territory. The few opportunities we did have came out of nowhere and were not that great to begin with.

Poor finishing was not the reason we didn't take all 3 points against West Brom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Jose throws Mkhitaryan under the bus along with Shaw.

What did he do?

Banish them from the first team, make them train with the kids then ship them out on loan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

One match to rule them all, One match to find them, One match to bring them all and in the darkness it'll probably be a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rod Munch wrote: »
    What did he do?

Banish them from the first team, make them train with the kids then ship them out on loan?

Called him out in the BT pre-match interview saying basically he is not good enough and to lazy for the team at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

It's a tough one, do Mkhitaryan and Martial need a decent run of games in the team to build up some form or should they be sidelined for not hitting expectations at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Everton arent great and are punching above their weight in the table. I expect Utd to win this by two.
    Do pool fans do this more then any other? Build up United's chances ahead of the game to make it seem more of a disaster if they don't win. I bet you didn't think Everton weren't very good before they played Liverpool at the weekend. Maybe I'm way off base but it seems to be a pattern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Do pool fans do this more then any other?

No, you just probably read United match threads more than any other team's threads. The first couple pages of Liverpool matches threads are often filled with opposition fans saying Liverpool will definitely win too.

Anyway Everton shouldn't be nearly as bad as they were at the weekend.

Do pool fans do this more then any other? Build up United's chances ahead of the game to make it seem more of a disaster if they don't win. I bet you didn't think Everton weren't very good before they played Liverpool at the weekend. Maybe I'm way off base but it seems to be a pattern.

Utd are 4/7, Everton 6/1. It's hardly a bold prediction tbf.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

S.M.B. wrote: »
    It's a tough one, do Mkhitaryan and Martial need a decent run of games in the team to build up some form or should they be sidelined for not hitting expectations at the weekend.

Mentioned this during the week but yeah, thats the issue. United, struggling as they are (despite the unbeaten streak), can't afford to give players time, especially when the problem seems to be an attitude one as well as a form one. Strikes me Jose has zero time any more for players who are a bit full of themselves, and expects every player to work hard for their place, regardless of name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭Felexicon

That Zlatan interview was class!!

• Advertisement

Called him out in the BT pre-match interview saying basically he is not good enough and to lazy for the team at the moment.

No, he didn't.

He said he wasn't happy with his performance at the weekend.

But don't let the truth get in the way of a good yarn, eh.

Mourinho's borrowed Fergie's jaw for good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Everton arent great and are punching above their weight in the table..

Yah with there 1 home lose all season definitely punching. :rolleyes:

• Great pace there

lordy lord another big big chance missed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Everton wont lay a glove on utd

Utd to win 3-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Jesse and Felli playing well again so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Phil Neville chatting some nonsense on the stream I'm watching.

Did I hear that correctly, that Barry only needs 11 more league appearance's to equal Giggsy?

That's unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Been having trouble sleeping lately.....

Not tonight!!

I'm in the office so it's on the phone and I forgot my headphones. Kinda happy with that.

Much better play.

Doing his best Gary impression.

• Sigh :(

Been having trouble sleeping lately.....

Not tonight!!
    United at home the last couple of years, cure for insomnia.

Is this your standard sctick at the start of games?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Sigh :(

I know it was offside but even still, no faith in Rashford to finish a one on one :(

Jayop wrote: »
    Is this your standard sctick at the start of games?

This year, yep

Keeper comes out and makes himself big on the two chances so far. Stood looking at Liverpool's shots going by on Saturday.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I know it was offside but even still, no faith in Rashford to finish a one on one :(

Telegraphing where he's going to put it.

This year, yep

Honestly, it's more boring than the football.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

I think he needs a goal to get the confidence in front of goal back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Is there an ignore option for when people you have on ignore are quoted?

Jayop wrote: »
    Honestly, it's more boring than the football.

You poor pet

You poor pet

:D

I'm a sensitive soul

Rod Munch wrote: »
    I think he needs a goal to get the confidence in front of goal back.

Yup, he's going to be a streaky striker I think.

What is this team missing?

Two decent wingers and a creative mid? Or more than that?

• :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

What a strike!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

**** sake.

Jesus Christ

• Advertisement
Advertisement