Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Everton 4/4/17 k/o 20.00 BT1.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

What happened to Rashford. All pace and no finish product. He was shocking.

• If you think that's cool that's great, if you enjoy that type of football then you must be in heaven because 2 of the 3 coaches post Ferguson have brought it to Man Utd at a time when the other top teams in England and Europe are going in the opposite direction.

No it was sarcasm so apologies
    I will be honest and say that your story is ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Ref should have been sent off

a little harsh, surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

niallo27 wrote: »

Having a poor enough season but he's still young.

• niallo27 wrote: »

Correct, but he's been poor for a while now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Europa or p45 for jose me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

It wasn't even a decent shot. He would have stopped it handy no pace on it.

Keeper isn't getting near it. Look at this body position. He's beaten all ends up.

• jacool wrote: »
    a little harsh, surely?

Corrected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Lukaku was done in after 65 mins. Had he and Barklay picked the right options Everton should've got 2 more on the break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I don't see how the ref cost utd here. One crazy descion at the end but not enough to affect the game.

I thought the same. It's funny, if he had given the rightful foul in the corner, or given the corner at least, it probably would've finished 0-1.

• Advertisement

Never doubted Everton :D

Utd are dire to watch.

Nice result

Offside goal that wasn't
    Too much leniency to both Barry and Mirales
    Ref should have been sent off
    Foul on Pogba just outside the box

Ref didn't make the offside call and we did think it was offside until they put a big line across the field. Pogbas one was crazy but not enough to change the game for me.

• ricero wrote: »

Defo
    Same as Klopp
    Top 4 and trophy or P45

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

No it was sarcasm so apologies
    I will be honest and say that your story is ****

I know dude, reality s**ks.

• I know dude, reality s**ks.
    No it's ****e because it's waffle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Not the reason United drew but sick and tired of referees this season. 2 minutes I counted the ball out of play for the Young booking alone and 4 minutes injury time total? Do they just pluck a number out of their ass? Be well in favour of clocks stopping when ball is out of play, let's the refs get their moment in the sun without them delaying the game.

That's apart from all the strange foul decisions throughout every game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Defo
    Same as Klopp
    Top 4 and trophy or P45

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

I think it's called the Mourinho effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Utd have really struggled as an attacking unit since fergie stepped down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Noting a 4 or 5 £100m players won't sort for utd in the summer.

• Advertisement

• ricero wrote: »
    LOL

Yea you klopped he can't get a trophy
    He's a gonner so

To the multitude of people talking about United being dire to watch, you wont be missed in these threads if you decide to you know, not watch.

Clearly getting something out of it...

Utd have really struggled as an attacking unit since fergie stepped down.

Since way before Fergie stepped down.

Liam O wrote: »
    Not the reason United drew but sick and tired of referees this season. 2 minutes I counted the ball out of play for the Young booking alone and 4 minutes injury time total? Do they just pluck a number out of their ass? Be well in favour of clocks stopping when ball is out of play, let's the refs get their moment in the sun without them delaying the game.

That's apart from all the strange foul decisions throughout every game.

That would end with 13 or 14 minutes injury time every game though. Rugby games are over 100 minutes these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

GreNoLi wrote: »
    United are a chore to watch.
    The joys of football, support through thick and thin

Rod Munch wrote: »
    And yet, here you are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

To the multitude of people talking about United being dire to watch, you wont be missed in these threads if you decide to you know, not watch.
    Watching them when they're shyte is way more fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Offside goal that wasn't
    Too much leniency to both Barry and Mirales
    Ref should have sent off keeper
    Foul on Pogba just outside the box

All swings and roundabouts

offside goal, that was offside..
    Too much leniency for Fellani and Rojo through the season

+Keeper if sent off would have been off for max 1 minute 30 seconds before the end of the game? not much of an advantage

+Foul on Pogba? the outcome if given a free kick? the free kick could have been cleared out like all the rest..

The thing is utd were close on a few occasions, the hit the woodwork, the post etc... on another day they are goals...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

That would end with 13 or 14 minutes injury time every game though. Rugby games are over 100 minutes these days.

Did that game not stop on something like 99:57? :P

No it's ****e because it's waffle

What part didn't you like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

ricero wrote: »

ah the Europa is nailed on I think

Clearly getting something out of it...

But they're hardly going to stop supporting their lifelong team after just a few poxy seasons?

So what? Would rather watch 90 minutes of football than 60 odd. Would cut down on a lot of playacting and speed the game up.

• What part didn't you like?

All of it really. I find it hard to regurgitate bull****e posts that play to agendas. Maybe just repost it again for me on your inevitable follow up, might be easier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Pogba is utterly laughable, how there isn't more vitrol from the fan base towards him is baffling. He's the most expensive player in history he should be offering so much more.

So what? Would rather watch 90 minutes of football than 60 odd. Would cut down on a lot of playacting and speed the game up.

Just stop the clock, for throw ins, keeper kickouts, injuries, subs..
    And respectively give out cards for diving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

All of it really. I find it hard to regurgitate bull****e posts that play to agendas. Maybe just repost it again for me on your inevitable follow up, might be easier!

he said the football was **** and on the evidence of this game his statement is fact. if you think the football is good more power to ya.

• rob316 wrote: »
    Pogba is utterly laughable, how there isn't more vitrol from the fan base towards him is baffling. He's the most expensive player in history he should be offering so much more.

Couple of posts in here giving out about him, including me.
    I think you are not reading the threads or listening to what the fans are saying. You are just making assumptions.

I would like to see it for fouls maybe but not every break in play. It would just make the game too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Since way before Fergie stepped down.

Well the ronaldo tevez Rooney team was exceptional going forward but even the teams after that had a lot more spark than anything from the last 4 seasons. Lvg had a couple of 4 game purple patches when it looked like it was really clicking that's about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

4 mins was about right. There were no goals scored 2nd half before 90 mins. Man U made
    1 double change, Everton made 2 I think. That's 1.5 mins so he added 2.5 mins on top of that for lost time. Don't recall anyone requiring on-field attemtiin

• Advertisement

• rob316 wrote: »
    he said the football was **** and on the evidence of this game his statement is fact. if you think the football is good more power to ya.

No he said it was a long ball game the whole game and it wasn't. It's simple narrative for agenda driven drivel.

Strange because I feel like you are a nailed on bet to always quote and regurgitate my "bullsh**e" in Man Utd match threads that I post in. You're my main regurgitator.

Anyway I'm gonna leave it there, I gave my brief analysis and I feel for you Man Utd Mick, you've got to come on here and support THAT performance and, harder still, pretend that you enjoyed it. You've got a tough enough job on your hands so I don't wanna make that more difficult than it'll already be.

• Strange because I feel like you are a nailed on bet to always quote and regurgitate my "bullsh**e" in Man Utd match threads that I post in. You're my main regurgitator.

Anyway I'm gonna leave it there, I gave my brief analysis and I feel for you Man Utd Mick, you've got to come on here and support THAT performance and, harder still, pretend that you enjoyed it. You've got a tough enough job on your hands so I don't wanna make that more difficult than it'll already be.

When you continue to regurgitate nothing but negativity and agenda driven drivel then yes I will call you on it.
    Somebody has got to be the captain!
    I so so enjoyed that we dropped points at home apparently!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Not near a telly box, has Mourinho done an interview???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Not near a telly box, has Mourinho done an interview???

Baby-Crying-89932.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

ricero wrote: »

Pure nonsense as usual.

Woodwork, check
    Officials decisions, check
    His players, check (before and after)
    General moaning, check

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    Woodwork, check
    Officials decisions, check
    His players, check (before and after)
    General moaning, check

There's not been a huge amount of talk about it but it's been a staggering week for Mourinho behind a microphone. He's managed to blame all woes and ills for the West Brom result on 4 attacking players (3 of them quite young), he made an issue of a very basic post match interview question as he tried to distract from his tewm only having 3 shots on target at home vs West Brom, then he launches a scathing attack, questioning the professionalism of one of the younger members of his squad, and now the interview above. It used to be that this Mourinho didn't rear its ugly head til the 3rd season, but he's gone full 3rd season Mourinho in his 1st season at Man Utd and history shows that top class professional players will not put up with his behaviour for a very long time.

There's not been a huge amount of talk about it but it's been a staggering week for Mourinho behind a microphone. He's managed to blame all woes and ills for the West Brom result on 4 attacking players (3 of them quite young), he made an issue of a very basic post match interview question as he tried to distract from his tewm only having 3 shots on target at home vs West Brom, then he launches a scathing attack, questioning the professionalism of one of the younger members of his squad, and now the interview above. It used to be that this Mourinho didn't rear its ugly head til the 3rd season, but he's gone full 3rd season Mourinho in his 1st season at Man Utd and history shows that top class professional players will not put up with his behaviour for a very long time.

For weeks I have heard how Jose is deflecting away from the performance by blaming the officials, the amount of games they have to play etc. Now he seems to be deflecting away from himself by blaming the players. Is it not his job to raise the players confidence. Does he ever take any blame himself for a performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I would love to see the crossing stats for that game

Everton were so wasteful on the break

I Lukaku was really poor all game. Almost as bad a performance as that against Liverpool at the weekend. He's top striker in the league currently but completely overrated for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement