Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Championship 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Think we rode most of that circuit in the Wexford 2 Day last year. Should make for great racing - the last few kms surprised the ****e out of me.

Edit - actually looking again, while it includes that very tough section up from the river, it doesn't include the second dig up to the Council Offices that was used in the Wexford 2 day. Still going to blow things apart so close to the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Derrydingle

What is the address for the HQ I don't see it on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

What is the address for the HQ I don't see it on the website

Looks like the Council Offices? http://www.roadchamps.irish/contact/

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

cython wrote: »
    Looks like the Council Offices? http://www.roadchamps.irish/contact/

Yep Wexford county council offices , I'll get the full address added to the website.

cython wrote:
    Looks like the Council Offices?

Nice one thanks

• Advertisement

fondriest wrote:
    Yep Wexford county council offices , I'll get the full address added to the website.

Thanks is the car park in the county council Offices open to racers taking part or is it the car park in harbour boat club that is to be used?

Thanks is the car park in the county council Offices open to racers taking part or is it the car park in harbour boat club that is to be used?
    Council car park is for racers, Boat club car park is for team cars/ race traffic on last lap of race .

Closing dates for entries are getting close . TT entry closes on June 15th and road race on June 18th. Pre-entry ONLY , no entry on the day and no one day licences .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

I had a look at the new TT course lately- to be honest it is fairly rough in places, not ideal for a fast clean time trial. I would be interested in knowing what's happening at the turn around point in Kilmore Quay (grandfather was born there) as the little roundabout at the harbour is met by some very narrow little roads.
    I appreciate that there may have been some traffic issues with other routes but this one is 'interesting' to say the least. Hoping ye get some sun south East weather on the night

JK.BMC wrote: »
    I had a look at the new TT course lately- to be honest it is fairly rough in places, not ideal for a fast clean time trial. I would be interested in knowing what's happening at the turn around point in Kilmore Quay (grandfather was born there) as the little roundabout at the harbour is met by some very narrow little roads.
    I appreciate that there may have been some traffic issues with other routes but this one is 'interesting' to say the least. Hoping ye get some sun south East weather on the night

Yep definitely some rough road surfaces in parts but nothing we can do about it unfortunately , we came up with several alternative routes but couldn't make them work. The TT will approach Kilmore from the Baldwinstown road , turn right at the small roundabout pass the memorial garden and entrance to the beach and turn left at the t junction this brings you back on to the road you travelled out .

• Advertisement

fondriest wrote:
    Closing dates for entries are getting close . TT entry closes on June 15th and road race on June 18th. Pre-entry ONLY , no entry on the day and no one day licences .

Will there be a list of the riders anywhere after the closing date it be interesting to see what big name pros are doing it this year

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

Dd I see that Italy have said that if pro's don't enter their nationals they are ineligible for the worlds.

Will there be a list of the riders anywhere after the closing date it be interesting to see what big name pros are doing it this year
    Yes should be available pretty quickly after entries close.

Dd I see that Italy have said that if pro's don't enter their nationals they are ineligible for the worlds.

Yep and I believe France and Belgium have a similar rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,783 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Roche Bennett and Dunbar all attending as far as I know. Martin has TDF commitments and I'm unsure about Mullen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Roche Bennett and Dunbar all attending as far as I know. Martin has TDF commitments and I'm unsure about Mullen

Mullen will be there too

Shame Dan Martin cant make it again

Pudsy33 wrote: »

Correct , also see Brammeier's name on the entry , Conor Dunne , Michael O'Loughlin's also . No AnPost names entered yet .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Its been a few years since I've done them (Vets) and trying to remember if I used my own numbers or if like a stage race numbers are given out. Can anybody clarify ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Just wondering about traffic restrictions from the Curracloe side. After the racing starts will oncoming traffic be intermittently allowed over the bridge into Wexford ?

I presume the short N11 stretch will still be open so spectators can come late along this and access the race in wexford town ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Its been a few years since I've done them (Vets) and trying to remember if I used my own numbers or if like a stage race numbers are given out. Can anybody clarify ?

You'll get race numbers on the day at registration..

• Advertisement

Just wondering about traffic restrictions from the Curracloe side. After the racing starts will oncoming traffic be intermittently allowed over the bridge into Wexford ?

I presume the short N11 stretch will still be open so spectators can come late along this and access the race in wexford town ?

You're pretty much spot on , expect delays from Curracloe direction , N11 should be ok , N25 will have delays as you get close to town centre . We will be stopping traffic at 1798 street which is just after the finish line , this is the main flow of traffic into the town centre and quays from the north side . This will give the race a clear run at the quays and bridge but will cause delays.

Personally if I was heading to spectate or compete weather coming from N11 Dublin / North etc or N25 Waterford , Cork direction . Get to the Barntown ( Maldron hotel) roundabout and head for town . A the first set of lights turn left , sign on is 100m on left . If spectating during race times just keep going past sign on , drop to the next roundabout and any exit from it will bring you to a different section of the race route.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cornet

Are there any preferred or designated parking areas for spectators and what time will the roads be closed off? Thanks.

cornet wrote: »
    Are there any preferred or designated parking areas for spectators and what time will the roads be closed off? Thanks.
    No preferred parking as such but there are three large car parks within 2 minutes walk of the finish line. Roads are not closed, just a rolling road closure similar to the Ras , plenty of moto marshals and lead cars. There will be restricted access to the route from Ferrycarrig in to the finish( residents in race direction only).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Been over awhiile and still no podium or times etc announced AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

1. Ryan Mullen
    2. Nico Roche

Haven't got any more yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

hes been dq

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

hes been dq

Taking a roundabout the wrong way, thus shortening the course according to article now on StickyBottle.

Heartbreaking, but he can still (generally) be proud of the performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

hes been dq

Taking a roundabout the wrong way, thus shortening the course according to article now on StickyBottle.

Heartbreaking, but he can still (generally) be proud of the performance.

It's mad, someone posted a picture of the shortcut on Facebook comments and I know rules are rules but definetly didn't shorten him by 27 seconds. Give him a 10 second penalty and let him keep 3rd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Was a smashing evening for the spectators at Johnstown Castle for the start/finish this evening. Beautiful surrounds and genuinely excellent MC work, hats off to the gentleman on the mic for the evening. Brought a complete non-cycling along with me, she had a great time. Well done to the organizing committee. Looking forward to the Road Races.

Advertisement