Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC engineering, Physics and Technology or Applied Maths

Options
  • 04-04-2017 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am looking for some advice on my subject choices. I have to choose by tomorrow!
    Should I choose Technology or Applied Maths? Which subject would have the greater overlap with physics and engineering and which is easier to get a high grade in. I got a B in Technology and HL Maths for my JC. i didn't do JC metal work but really like the sound of the LC engineering course. I hope to do engineering in college.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

If I were you I'd be inclined to go with Applied Maths. If you're headed down the engineering route it will seriously help you out, and it's a subject that really complements both Physics and HL Maths. Just looking at department statistics, Applied Maths also has a higher A rate.

If you haven't done JC Metalwork you'll have a good bit of catching up to do should you decide to do LC Engineering...it's not impossible, but it'll just mean you'll have to put in extra effort to bring yourself up to speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

As the person above said, I would suggest doing applied maths if you're thinking about engineering in the future as it really helps with the course and is very relevant to the material you learn.

Advertisement