Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Mania Smackdown Live

Options
  • 04-04-2017 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

Much like the RAW thread, Smackdown Live follows the same set up for the last of the Mania hangover.. Til next year anyways.

WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo_v2.png

RAW had the debut of The Revival, and the re-debut I guess of Emma after Emmalina bombed/didn't work as planned, and the return of Fergal Devitt, Finn Balor.. So who turns up on Smackdown Live? A Returning superstar or superstars, perhaps an NXT call up?

Answers on a postcard please.

A phenomenal ascent
    From not even being slated to compete, to being back on the WrestleMania card, to claiming victory in a show-stealing match against SmackDown LIVE Commissioner Shane McMahon, AJ Styles certainly experienced his fair share of ups and downs in the weeks leading up to The Ultimate Thrill Ride and at the Show of Shows itself.

The Phenomenal One walked out the winner in his raucous WrestleMania clash with Shane-O-Mac in a bout that saw the involvement of trash cans, the Commissioner of the blue brand attempting an unbelievable elbow drop onto the announcer’s desk and the self-proclaimed “Face that Runs the Place†delivering a scintillating Phenomenal Forearm for the victory.

What will be the fallout of this Ultimate Thrill Ride barnburner between Styles and Shane-O-Mac? Will a new level of respect be forged between the two Superstars? Could matters intensify between the two? Or, could Styles find himself fired after all?

The Viper reigns yet again
    Following a several-month conflict that featured betrayals, compounds being burnt and the use of weapons of the apocalypse, Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton’s WWE Championship Match from WrestleMania 33 certainly fit the same mystical mold.

But now that The Viper has reclaimed the WWE Championship on The Grandest Stage of Them All, what is next between these two former “brothersâ€? Will The New Face of Fear come looking to reclaim what was lost? Or, will a new challenger step into the spotlight?

The proposal seen ‘round the world
    The time is now … for wedding planning, that is.

John Cena & Nikki Bella were victorious in their ever-personal matchup against The Miz & Maryse at WrestleMania 33, but that was only the first part of the story, or fairytale, as it may be. The Cenation Leader then shocked both Fearless Nikki and the WWE Universe with perhaps the most epic marriage proposal of all time.

What is next for the two love birds? Will they take some take to celebrate their engagement, or will they return to SmackDown LIVE tonight?

Team Blue is feeling the GLOW yet again
    Naomi got her WrestleMania moment and then some at The Ultimate Thrill Ride this past Sunday when she took the WWE Universe’s breath away with her awe-inspiring entrance, then put them in a state of euphoric hyperventilation when she re-captured the SmackDown Women’s Championship by making her primary rival Alexa Bliss submit.

How will Naomi kick off her second reign atop the Team Blue Women’s division? And who will be the first to step up and try to turn to dim the lights on the GLOW?

More to come between The Lunatic Fringe and The Lone Wolf?
    Battling through the bedlam that is Baron Corbin, Dean Ambrose retained his Intercontinental Championship to conclude the WrestleMania Kickoff this past Sunday.

Having evened the score after Corbin’s savage attacks leading up to The Ultimate Thrill Ride, will The Lunatic Fringe be able to move on? Or, will The Lone Wolf regroup and re-attack, leading to even more uncanny chaos between the two?

Sky Sports 5 @ 01:00

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The good news about Smackdown tonight is that all the Mania travel packages included tickets for this show as well as Raw, so it'll be another hot crowd. Hopefully WWE are well aware of that and give us a big moment or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Whats the chances of Nakamura or DIY debuting i wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

martyos121 wrote: »
    The good news about Smackdown tonight is that all the Mania travel packages included tickets for this show as well as Raw, so it'll be another hot crowd. Hopefully WWE are well aware of that and give us a big moment or two.

I can imagine if, IF
    Shinsuke Nakamura
    shows up, a lot of people are gonna be happy.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I can imagine if, IF
    Shinsuke Nakamura
    shows up, a lot of people are gonna be happy.

I can't think of any reason why it shouldn't happen.
    They have enough talent to get by without him, and Shinsuke is a level above NXT. It's so important that he debuts in front of a crowd that gets him too, and they have that opportunity tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

So will we get Dean Ambrose and Baron Corbin continuing their feud because if not I'd like to see in the mini draft next week Corbin go to Raw , Finn Bálor to Smackdown and challenge for the intercontinental championship

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Balor is way better than the intercontinental title if he comes to Smackdown he should be going for the WWE Title

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Balor is way better than the intercontinental title if he comes to Smackdown he should be going for the WWE Title

His next feud is scheduled to be a feud with Kevin Owens for the US title.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Could tonight be something for Taker?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

I know he is better than it and should go for the wwe title, I just don't see the Randy Orton Bray Wyatt rivalry ending right now

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Could tonight be something for Taker?

well SD is his yard but it was never speaking off again and he showed up on Raw instead lol

If he is actually retired than the next we will see of him will be a video package late 2017/early 2018 announcing his 2018 HOF induction and he will appear at WM34 in an non active role

Deff staying up for SD tonight as its easier to watch a 2 hour show than 3.5 hour last night and it will mark the offical ending of Wrestlemania week (unless NXT have a live show wednesday night). Cant see anything major happening tonight tbh hope im proven wrong

• Advertisement

Naomi defending her Women's Championship against Alexa Bliss.

Ambrose/Corbin street fight for the Intercontinental Championship.

Bray Wyatt shouldn't have lost his WWE Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Audible boos for Randy.

What the hell is a House Of Horrors match?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    What the hell is a House Of Horrors match?

I guess it's 2017's version of the "Ambrose Asylum Match"

Harper is going to turn on Orton in this house of horrors match isn't he ??

I guess it's 2017's version of the "Ambrose Asylum Match"

Oh jeez, that'll be a skip so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Awful show so far, Main Event is doing nothing for me. Was hoping for Nakamura.

Are the crowd chanting asshole or am I hearing things?

• Advertisement

Somebody popped the beachball

Holy hell, a wild Curt Hawkins appears.

The perfect 10

I don't see Dillinger doing too well on the main roster, but you can never take that pop away from him. Magical.

Tye Dilinger going over...

3 minute match for Tye, better get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

martyos121 wrote: »
    I don't see Dillinger doing too well on the main roster, but you can never take that pop away from him. Magical.

Dunno, I think he can carve out a place for himself around the Intercontinental scene. The gimmick can work for a face or heel, fans love chanting it and seem to like Tye. I think he'll do alright.

I knw it's not going to happen but I'd love a GLORIOUS entrance tonight

Can't see Shinsuke debuting tonight unless it's during an Aj Styles promo or something

• Advertisement

Bloody hate Mojo Rawley..

Advertisement