Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Mania Smackdown Live

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The 10 chants annoy me.

Because Big E got 5 over years ago.

That guy had all the tools to be huge, with a chant that would have him over on debut and the talent to carry himself to the top.

Such a waste.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yeah the way i see it the mini draft goes as follows:

RAW
    AJ Styles
    American Alpha
    Alexa Bliss

Smackdown
    Sami Zayn
    Enzo & Cass
    Dana Brooke?

I would have said Nia Jax to Smackdown but looks like her and Charlotte are having a feud.
    Obviously there'll be a few more changes but they look nailed on after this week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

So John Cena is off air until June at least with him filming a movie and Nikki is taking time off indefinitely to heal her neck - could we see Miz & Maryse go to Raw ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

They would be good on RAW, Miz excels on the mic and RAW needs to fill time with more engaging promo work. Smackdown can get away with more match time per hour while RAW needs more variety.

Mix v Kurt could be great stuff.

But Miz himself is probably better off on Smackdown. He will stay towards top of the card there while on RAW he could get lost again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

DM_7 wrote: »
    They would be good on RAW, Miz excels on the mic and RAW needs to fill time with more engaging promo work. Smackdown can get away with more match time per hour while RAW needs more variety.

Mix v Kurt could be great stuff.

But Miz himself is probably better off on Smackdown. He will stay towards top of the card there while on RAW he could get lost again.

I was thinking that myself he's one of the stars of Smackdown whereas on Raw he would be a midcarder - even though they could use more promos on Raw

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Loved that show. Mainly just for how awesome Nakamura's debut was. Not just the crowd reaction, but letting him have the musician play him down...it was unique, and made him look a star.

Styles is off to Raw. That wasn't so much a face turn as it was a "Thanks and goodbye" to Smackdown.

Thrilled for Tye. He won't be a top guy but he seems to be geuinely happy to have gotten the shot and I think he could be a brilliant midcarder.

Bray/Orton, sadly, has really disappointed over the last week, in terms of booking. If Brock wasn't champ, I'd wonder if they'd switch Orton and the title to Raw.

I'd be surprised if there isn't some sort of title switch. Think the IC and US switch. Think SD gets Balor next week too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ERG89 wrote: »
    "I got what I wanted, a moment that made me seem a more relatable human being"
    These Miz segments are so good cause there is more than a grain of truth to them.

I wonder if Miz's antics with Cena are all Vince. I am so surprised at the digs he's been getting in, they have been harsh and while there is a degree in truth to them, they paint Cena in a very bad light, something I didnt think WWE would ever do.

Is Vince bitter about Cena leaving for Hollywood and decided to be a bit *****y about it? I can imagine him being quite resentful and encouraging The Miz in these insulting promos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I reckon tye dillinger will be a certified jobber within the year

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I knew I heard asshole chants during the Alexa/Naomi match, they were aimed at Kenny McIntosh of Whatculture, all because, well he explained in a tweet

https://twitter.com/KennyMc1985/status/849419061347975169
    We've managed to catch and destroy 5 beach balls. Because people are wrestling �� #SDLive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Absolute hero.

• Advertisement

Absolute hero.

Those balloons got a pop alright :pac:

I'll get my coat, and see myself out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Randy is a generally over face but the smarks prefer Bray imo so I was curious to see how the post mania fans treated those two... House of Horrors match sounds interesting and I am looking forward to it because well I like Wyatt and all the Wyatt style shenanigans that go with him and included in that has to be Erick Rowan of course! Bray's interaction with Harper seemed weird tho it looked like he himself pushed Harper out of the Sister Abigail.

I like how over The Miz is with the crowd, the lad deserves it. Speaking of over im not sure if Naomi is or if it's just her entrance but she has been doing well since she returned from injury and is getting a reaction so fair play to her.

I heard Tye was being considerd for a call up but I must say I am surprised and thought he was starting to really fins a role for himself on NXT. That said there is only so long someone can stay in developmental and a post mania crowd is the place to debut him even if I thought it might be next year that'd happen. Poor Curt Hawkins though 100% Jobber (but I think he's happy enough with that).

Was good to see Miz/Maryse do another Cena/Nikki impression before moving on from that feud. The crowd ate it up.... Holy FN SH!T BALLS I did not expect it to lead into Nakamura showing up though (even if I thought he may be SD bound and yes that's an over reaction) well until I saw the Violinist! God I love that theme. It was kinda weird how The Miz was just gone but... who cares, dudes finally on the main roster!

Corbin vs Ambrose is a match I'm guessing is them doing what they wanted to do at mania but there were too many other big matches for them to get the time or gimmick.... maybe next year Dean will finally get to have a proper no DQ style match on a big stage. Really enjoyable match. I like Ambrose but it's been a while since one of his matches got my attention like that one.

I like Rowan's new mask, apart from that meh to the main event but maybe thats because thats how I generally feel about Randy despite not disliking him. Still though House of Horrors has me interested

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Lord TSC wrote: »

Styles is off to Raw. That wasn't so much a face turn as it was a "Thanks and goodbye" to Smackdown.

Maybe I missed it but where was this?
    And wasn't Shane meant to be on Smackdown? Did the version I watch cut bits out?

Miz impersonating Cena reminds me of Bob Backlund

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

ricero wrote: »
    I reckon tye dillinger will be a certified jobber within the year

I think he's just happy to have made it this far. I think they'll use him in a Zack Ryder type role. A steady hand who gets an occasional moment in the spotlight. He seems to be incredibly well liked by his colleagues too which won't hurt.

I was just thinking at Takeover that he had become a leader in fighting Sanity. And not just in the match. The way everyone waited for him seemed genuine. Ohno even seemed to like him but maybe they were friends when he was there before

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Maybe I missed it but where was this?
    And wasn't Shane meant to be on Smackdown? Did the version I watch cut bits out?

Shane and AJ had a segment where they shook hands and made peace. Think it was the second last segment, just before the main event.

Yeah it was cut for some reason.
    Would they know where they're going next week? Remember some don't like JR before
    Moving AJ would be a stupid idea. He's a Smackdown guy and works well as the face of Smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Miz is just pure entertainment every single week. They should have given someone for Nakamura to squash IMO. Heath Slater or something to come out and rant about him being the star of the show or something and have more of a memorable moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

CSF wrote: »
    Miz is just pure entertainment every single week. They should have given someone for Nakamura to squash IMO. Heath Slater or something to come out and rant about him being the star of the show or something and have more of a memorable moment.

They had Ziggler come out during the ad break and challenge him to a match after the show. So the fans in attendance got to see him wrestle but we didn't. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

kopite386 wrote: »
    So John Cena is off air until June at least with him filming a movie and Nikki is taking time off indefinitely to heal her neck - could we see Miz & Maryse go to Raw ?

Miz should stay on SD and be put in the world title picture

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea it would be a pity to see AJ leave SD but im guessing with Cena nearly out the door maybe SD will get one of the big names from Raw

AJ Styles to RAW, Seth Freakin' Rollins to Smackdown Live.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    AJ Styles to RAW, Seth Freakin' Rollins to Smackdown Live.

It'd make sense that both Shane and in particular HHH (even though he isn't technically in charge of Raw) would want the guys the just fought off their shows. Plus it'd reunite The Club and seperate Finn & Seth which is just awkward imo since they are now both faces but Seth injured Finn.

I feel Sami Zayn could do very well on SD too as they don't really have a mid card face apart from Dean Ambrose. I think they could do with freshening up the womens division on Raw too and iwould not be shocked if they swapped Charlotte for Becky. Get a face to Raw and given the whole first woman drafted thing they can easily put her on Charlotte's level meanwhile Charlotte getting away from the endless Sasha (who could fill her spot as a heel on Raw when she turns on Bayley) feud plus Charlotte could be perfect for the next heel challenger for Naomi given Alexa has already had her rematch.

So I'm predicting something like:

Rollins, Charlotte, Zayn and Enzo & Cass = AJ, Becky Lynch, Mojo, The Miz & Maryse

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I really hope The Miz stays on Smackdown for his own sake and the sake of us fans.

There is a whole lot more to get of of The Miz and Daniel Bryan they could get a year long story line out of the two them building up to WM 34.

Yeah with Miz on Smackdown it feels he could come back from a loss. On Raw I think he'll be buried way down the card to put someone else over. Also risks being compared to Jericho too much.

I see Vince's mind working in the way that they will look at a move from SD to Raw as a promotion. So AJ is being rewarded for his good work. Or Zayn isn't doing well enough so needs to go down to Smackdown.

If anyone thinks that Tye Dillenger will be anything but enhancement talent come 1 years time, you shall be disappointed.

I like the guy, I do... he seems to have tones of effort, he works hard and has made the most of a very thin gimmick.

But he simply isnt talented enough. He will fade into the crowd on the Main Roster, maybe not as fast as Tyler Breeze or The Vaudevillans, but in time he will be in the same place.

His gimmick is weak, its the full sail crowd which took to him but it wont last long. He is a guy who was signed in 2006 and is only now a full time roster member, he simply inst good enough to be an IC champ considering the much better talent around him. Hes punching above his weight.

He is a likeable underdog and I am rooting for him to succeed but I just dont see it happening.

He may benefit from the fact that the mid card is almost non existant on SD - that said it didn't hlep Apollo Crews all that much

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

beakerjoe wrote: »
    If anyone thinks that Tye Dillenger will be anything but enhancement talent come 1 years time, you shall be disappointed.

I like the guy, I do... he seems to have tones of effort, he works hard and has made the most of a very thin gimmick.

But he simply isnt talented enough. He will fade into the crowd on the Main Roster, maybe not as fast as Tyler Breeze or The Vaudevillans, but in time he will be in the same place.

His gimmick is weak, its the full sail crowd which took to him but it wont last long. He is a guy who was signed in 2006 and is only now a full time roster member, he simply inst good enough to be an IC champ considering the much better talent around him. Hes punching above his weight.

He is a likeable underdog and I am rooting for him to succeed but I just dont see it happening.

Yeah but he's going out with peyton royce. So it's not all bad.

He may benefit from the fact that the mid card is almost non existant on SD - that said it didn't hlep Apollo Crews all that much

Apollo just wasnt ready. He seemed very nervous in his initial debut matcha nd some that followed and it killed his momentum to the point were WWE creative have given up on him.

He is talented but he's just not ready.

• Advertisement

Yeah if ever a guy coulda done with an extra year in NXT it was him

Advertisement