Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Scorpio Reveal - Digital Foundry - Thursday 6th April

• 04-04-2017 4:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Scorpio Reveal this Thursday at 2PM, via digital foundry.

https://twitter.com/digitalfoundry/status/849275627341574146

interesting, they're giving the first reveal of the console to the people who kicked the sh1te of the xb1 at launch

MOD NOTE:

I just want to remind everyone that the whole "Console Warz" thing isn't acceptable, either on the Xbox forum, or anywhere else on Boards for that matter. Keep it in mind over the next few days, and if you see someone trolling, report the post, and don't respond to it.

CIAB

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I saw another rumour it's going to be rebranded as the Xbox One X.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I saw another rumour it's going to be rebranded as the Xbox One X.

I really hope they don't do that. its almost identical to how HTC do their phones.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I really hope they don't do that. its almost identical to how HTC do their phones.

Yeah something like Xbox 1 plus 2 would be better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Scorpio Reveal this Thursday at 2PM, via digital foundry.

interesting, they're giving the first reveal of the console to the people who kicked the sh1te of the xb1 at launch

Seems like a pretty confident move.

Pretty sure that Microsoft are never going to make the same mistake ever again, any console they produce from now on will be as powerful and as cheap as the main competitor.

I'll set up a new thread for this now, move these posts over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Here we go.

Big brass balls on Xbox. Confident of them.

Poor Don.

d0Wew1i.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Poor Don.

If there was ever an executive that looked as inept as they actually were, it was him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I wonder if this will be an official spec reveal or if we'll actually get the see the production unit :)

Can't wait :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Doesn't strike me as the best medium or website to be revealing the Scorpio.
    an exclusive Xbox Scorpio reveal

Could mean they are going to reveal something new about it rather than the console itself. Like confirm what graphics card will be used or something. Still any news is good news. Not long till we find out...

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I wonder if this will be an official spec reveal or if we'll actually get the see the production unit :)

Can't wait :D

I hope it is a spec reveal but I think it's possibly only going to be gameplay. Showing how well certain games play on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I hope it is a spec reveal but I think it's possibly only going to be gameplay. Showing how well certain games play on it.

True and it is DF, so it might just be a side by side comparison of Forza running on both a One S and a Scorpio dev kit :pac:

• Advertisement

Its still very unclear. Is this a live stream or pre-recorded and edited video.

Phil getting warmed up for tomorrow.

B1xGU96.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

From various talking heads around twitter and reddit (people who've been fairly reliable with leaks etc in the past), I've a feeling they'll be delving into the system specs, and talking about what this does with regards to current gen (as in xbox one games that use dynamic resolution) and how backwards compatible titles perform. With regards to the backwards compatible, I'm expecting to see some big jumps here, particularly in titles with an unlocked framerate.

If they can get Dark Souls and Blighttown to run at a smooth 30, it'll be the most powerful machine ever :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

C4aKzb9.png

Getting a little excited, need to get 4k telly shopping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I await with contempt about this "Reveal"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,314 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Looking forward to this. Money is in the bank ready to buy :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

Apparently Microsoft aren't allowed to show a lot of third party games running on the Scorpio because Sony is buying all the marketing.

This leads me to believe that Microsoft and Digital Foundry have an agreement about showing gameplay footage. Digital Foundry is always uploading videos of gameplay running on different platforms and they are very informative when talking about how the game runs.

Okay, so here's something that I wanted to do when I set up the thread, but then totally forgot.

I just want to remind everyone that the whole "Console Warz" thing isn't acceptable, either on the Xbox forum, or anywhere else on Boards for that matter. Keep it in mind over the next few days, and if you see someone trolling, report the post, and don't respond to it.

CIAB

I'll add this into the first post now.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Okay, so here's something that I wanted to do when I set up the thread, but then totally forgot.

CIAB

I'll add this into the first post now.

2:01pm tomorrow :eek: :P

dovbullrd5.jpg

2:01pm tomorrow :eek: :P

dovbullrd5.jpg

Ah you won't have anything to be at tomorrow :pac:

• Tick tock tick tock

• Advertisement

How is this reveal actually working? Is there a stream or just an article or wa?

EDIT: Just saw this on Reddit:
    No stream, there will be several articles live on Eurogamer, plus two videos on the DF YouTube channel and one on the EG YouTube channel.

God I really don't want to give eurogamer my clicks

F5..... F5..... F5..... F5..... F5.....

Is there a youtube stream or anything? That way I could listen to it while I diligently work.

Here's the video
    EDIT: TOO SLOW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

You've got to give MS credit for not being afraid of what is quite possibly the dullest way to introduce hardware. I'm exited for this and almost certainly will buy one, but those videos ain't selling it to the masses.

You've got to give MS credit for not being afraid of what is quite possibly the dullest way to introduce hardware. I'm exited for this and almost certainly will buy one, but those videos ain't selling it to the masses.

You obviously didn't see the PS Pro launch press event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You obviously didn't see the PS Pro launch press event.

But Hillary...:D

• Advertisement

But Hillary...:D

This was only a tech announcement rather than anything else. Hopefully when they show the actual console then we see loads of games etc.

I haven't seen the YouTube videos yet just read the specs and seems to be a decent jump over the One/One S. Happy enough to be honest.

Seeing the specs what are people's thoughts on price? €450-€500? Less?

Advertisement