Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hap scheme

Options
  • 04-04-2017 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm 21 and my boyfriend is 23 and we are expecting our first baby, I'm around 4 months pregnant and we have been struggling to find a house, I'm on jobseekers and he is on disability and I am handing in my social housing forms on Thursday for the first time. We registered as homeless and I'm staying with my mum until we find a place so they said we are on priority and the forms should be assessed in 2 weeks instead of 12 weeks so I'll be going on the hap scheme. Problem is I've been told that if the baby isn't born we are only entitled to a one bed on hap and 2 bed if the baby is born so I was advised to stay with my mum until the baby comes and then look for a house. Is this true cos I really want to start looking for a 2 bed once our forms have been accepted instead of looking for one after I give birth cos we really want to be settled before the baby comes. Tried ringing hap office to find out all the rules but no answer left voicemails but heard nothing back

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Corrie2017

Just wondering what's the first thing that comes to mind when a young couple expecting a baby ask you can they rent your house under the hap scheme, and wats the best way to go about asking a landlord to do the hap scheme with you if you see a house you like

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Mod: Please keep your queries to one thread.

Advertisement