Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rockets - Arklow Bridgewater

Options
  • 04-04-2017 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

Noticed this has been closed up for some time. Anyone know what's going on? Is it gone for good or just temporary?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Branoic wrote: »
    Noticed this has been closed up for some time. Anyone know what's going on? Is it gone for good or just temporary?

Same franchisee that had here and the one in Bray. Gone due to historical financial issue

http://m.independent.ie/regionals/braypeople/news/eddie-rockets-closes-its-doors-35552613.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Pity - used to indulge in their big breakfasts as a treat whenever I was down in Arklow. You know, scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, home fries, a huge stack of pancakes and syrup. Used to get strange looks from the serving staff when i'd order the cooked breakfast and a big pile of pancakes. One meal and you'd not have to eat for a whole day. Hopefully they will reopen under a new franchise operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Wait, so its only the Bray/Arklow Franchisee thats in trouble and not the overall franchise. I thought it was the other way around?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I took it as only this franchisee was in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

RosieJoe wrote: »
    I took it as only this franchisee was in trouble.

Both Bray and Arklow were owned by the same people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

Arklow seems to have re-opened. Anyone know what the story is?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

bisset wrote: »
    Arklow seems to have re-opened. Anyone know what the story is?

I think the Bray one had debts on it.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Patofthericks

It was just the franchisee that was in trouble (Arklow / Bray), one of the founders has taken over and reopened Arklow - not sure about the Bray one.

Advertisement