Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kawasaki gpz900r

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭davidglanza

blade1 wrote: »
    Is that Youghal?

Ya that was youghal last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Gorgeous bike, mate.

Went retro myself last year. After a hard winter's use, mine is not as shiny as yours any more...

fmCyx7.jpg

Go, 80s!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    Gorgeous bike, mate.

Went retro myself last year. After a hard winter's use, mine is not as shiny as yours any more...

fmCyx7.jpg

Go, 80s!

Another similar styled, but more conventionally engine Honda of that era is the CBX750F, a great bike.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

galwaytt wrote: »
    Another similar styled, but more conventionally engine Honda of that era is the CBX750F, a great bike.

Vf1000 f I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭davidglanza

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    Gorgeous bike, mate.

fmCyx7.jpg

Go, 80s!
    Bike looks savage..
    What is it.??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Looks like a VF1000F2 with a quarter fairing.
    Was it a Bol D'or at some point with a full fairing?

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Looks like a VF1000F2 with a quarter fairing.
    Was it a Bol D'or at some point with a full fairing?

Different wheels I think and I was wondering why the back looked different but seems a tail tidy done to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Different wheels I think and I was wondering why the back looked different but seems a tail tidy done to it.

Those aren't original wheels, they would have been Comstars originally but I guess the 16" front was replaced for a 17" and the back one was fitted same time.
    They look like Honda wheels'Blade rear and VFR front?

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Those aren't original wheels, they would have been Comstars originally but I guess the 16" front was replaced for a 17" and the back one was fitted same time.
    They look like Honda wheels'Blade rear and VFR front?

That's what I thought about the wheels but then I thought rear wheel probably too narrow to be off a blade and too wide to be off an nsr125, so perhaps something in between.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,355 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Original 'Blade only had a 160 rear!

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

Original 'Blade only had a 160 rear!

Yeah????
    Several lads I know we're putting 180 on them Gen 1 one's back in the day.

I would say I am 100% sure of that but you saying 160 is making me doubt myself.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Aye, it is a 1985, though not registered till '87, VF1000 FF.

Forks are original but rebuilt with Wilbers internals and a Wilbers shock on the back.

Wheels are CBR600F2 to give a 120 front and a 160 rear to take modern rubber (Fnarr!)

The seat is a custom single seat unit the previous owner had made for it that Germania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,355 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yeah????
    Several lads I know we're putting 180 on them Gen 1 one's back in the day.

I would say I am 100% sure of that but you saying 160 is making me doubt myself.:o

Definitely 160 on the early ones. One time there was one parked beside my CBR6 and I was surprised to see the same size rear on it as on mine.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2002/january/94-cbr900rr-r/
    It still had the 16in front wheel and it was still a bit unstable, but the modifications that year, which included a revised gearbox and a 180/55 x 17 rear tyre in place of the preceding model's 160/60 rubber, calmed it down considerably.

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement