Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips and tricks for moving to Galway

Options
  • 04-04-2017 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    Short intro, I am Fie, 32years Old and moving To Galway with My 12 year Old daughter. I wanted To ask You guys If It's normal To have such difficulties with finding a place To rent? I am currently living in Belgium and the way things work is SO different. I really could use some extra info on How To handle things...
    Kind regards,
    Fie.

Comments

Yes. Unfortunately there is a general housing shortage at the moment. Where in Galway are you looking?

Daft and my home are the main sites.
    Also check out the Galway Advertiser small ads - they are published online tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Do you have a job lined up? Generally, as the traffic isnt great (and a lot worse on the East side lately) you are better to live the side of the bridge that you work for handiness!

Good luck with your move.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hi OP best of luck with the move.. I can feel your pain, to be honest as said above there does seem to be a short supply of rentals but at the same time i have to say things move a little slower here. After moving here ourselfs we found it very fustrating dealing with agents trying to find a place to rent.. We had to laugh about it but it is kinda scary..

Where abouts are you looking to rent?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

There's a big shortage in housing, we're afraid to build houses incase we break the global economy again..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

OP it can help to email all the local agents listing your needs etc. Then you can sometimes get a place even before it gets advertised.

And please, avoid taking a house unless you or someone you can trust has viewed it in person and asked all you need to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Yes it's very difficult at the minute, there's a severe housing shortage pushing up prices. I recently moved house but I was already based in galway, wouldn't like to be in your position. Do you have a job lined up yet? I assume you've found the daft.ie website? Somebody else mentioned the galway advertiser website too.

Advertisement