Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior cert help!!!

Options
  • 04-04-2017 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I was just wondering if i change levels on the day of the junior cert exam? I'm prepared but I'm afraid there won't be any hl papers left because I picked ordinary level on this sheet I was given because I was unsure ,has anyone tried it before? I seems really ricky but I wasn't given a fair chance to choose (I was given 5 mins to pick levels)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There is no guarantee there will be extra papers at either level. If you want to change at this stage you need to get your Principal to write a letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭leinsterjack

Larine4 wrote: »
    I was just wondering if i change levels on the day of the junior cert exam? I'm prepared but I'm afraid there won't be any hl papers left because I picked ordinary level on this sheet I was given because I was unsure ,has anyone tried it before? I seems really ricky but I wasn't given a fair chance to choose (I was given 5 mins to pick levels)

That sheet basically is your level at this stage. You cannot change on the day like you can at Leaving Cert.

In the past, if your principal wrote a letter to the State Examinations Commission, they would allow you to change but recently they have become a lot stricter and decline most requests.

I would consider it very unusual and unfair to give you so little opportunity to make THE DECISION, but from two years work at that level you must've known that it wasnt for you, in fairness.

You can always try to get your Principal to write a letter but...

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

So you want to move up to HL? I'd say just go in and ace the OL if there's no HL left.

It's only the junior cert so it's not that important. If you get a really good grade you can still probably do HL for LC

Advertisement