Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kasabian, Blossoms, Touts - Custom House Square, Belfast

Options
  • 04-04-2017 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭

Wednesday 23rd August :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bohemian_Soul

This should be mint, really like the sound of touts, saw them twice supporting courteeners recently and they have a real raw edge to them and are from Derry so great to see Irish acts in this genre doing well.
    Blossoms and Kasabian speak for themselves really so should be a great night

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I thought this was going to be a story about how touts are circumventing Kasabians anti-touting ticket ID thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

rubadub wrote: »
    I thought this was going to be a story about how touts are circumventing Kasabians anti-touting ticket ID thing...

:D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

This has now sold out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Did this get moved to avoid a clash with Muse? Or was it a schedule clash elsewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Mushy wrote:
    Did this get moved to avoid a clash with Muse? Or was it a schedule clash elsewhere?

I would think Reading and Leeds and logistics played a part and also maybe that Muse becoming available also fed into the decision to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

I think this will be a great gig! Saw them in the Olympia back a few months ago, and it was the best gig I had ever been to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Kasabian cancelled at the last minute due to 'illness'

Sad for anyone who shelled out for transport / accommodation etc..

https://twitter.com/KasabianHQ/status/900082343708426245

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

So sickened. Literally cancelled a minute r two before they were due on. Travelled from Waterford too :( at least we have muse tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Absolutely fuming. Here since 6.30 in the lashing rain. Touts were great loved blossoms and was so looking forward to kasabian. Honestly thought the public announcement was a joke. One of the band should have come out and explained what was wrong. A sudden illness honestly isn't good enough 5 mins before your due on stage. There were hundreds of people there who travelled to see them from the UK who are much more out if pocket than me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

Absolutely gutted and to announce it 5 mins before hand was shockingly poor form. These things happen I suppose just got to suck it up I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

Really poor form. Equally poor form were the people pegging beer at the security and up at the stage :(

Left Belfast straight after the gig to head home.  On the road at 9pm...should've been home at 11pm...made it home at 6:30am.  Roads closed everywhere due to flooding.  Nightmare!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

DITbThyXYAAldTc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

ts_editor wrote: »
    DITbThyXYAAldTc.jpg

Fück me a year away and on a Monday night... Refund it is so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Has anyone gone about getting refunded for this and how so? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

mutley18 wrote: »
    Has anyone gone about getting refunded for this and how so? :confused:

I had to tweet Ticketmaster twice who took 2 days to reply and they have put through the refund for me. I didn't want to call as it was 30c a min to ring them.

Advertisement