Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants, cafes with a Sea view

Options
  • 04-04-2017 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭

Whats your favorite place in Dublin, or near Dublin to eat, that has a sea view.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,188 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Waterside Hotel Donabate
    Cill Airne boat on the Liffey (beside Convention Centre)
    Hartleys Dun Laoghaire
    Fishshack Cafe Sandycove
    Portmarnock Golf Hotel (used to be called Seaview Lounge)
    Aqua Howth

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Geisha in Malahide has a lovely view, food's shyte though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

Cant beat Witherspoons Dunlaoire, for the view. Food not so great.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Don't know if it's still there any more but there used to be a Starbucks in Blackrock which had a balcony overlooking the sea - gorgeous for a morning coffee, bit baltic in the pm though as it faced due north!

Otherwise the balcony of the sailing club overlooking DL harbour that I'm a member of - and the food is great :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I've been in many of these. Not a huge choice really for a capital city on the coast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,188 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

beauf wrote: »
    I've been in many of these. Not a huge choice really for a capital city on the coast.

I think it's a factor of the unreliable Irish weather... I'd be nervous about booking a venue for a large group with an exposed outside area \ sea view even at the height of summer... we've been rained on too many times :(

I forgot to mention Nautilus Malahide, they are 'upstairs' and if you get a window seat you have a lovely view.

Fishbone Clontarf have nice views from their benches outside but they are more for light bites than having a full restaurant meal out there.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Olivetto at Haddington Hotel in Dun Laoghaire has great pizzas according to my wife and if the sun is shining they have tables outside with a lovely view.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Boqueria in Howth. Fantastic views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Gourmet Food Parlour in Malahide/Portmarnock has a decent enough view if you can manage to get a window seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Kinara in Clontarf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Ocean Bar & Grill in Bray has a nice view of the Esplanade, sea front, and Bray Head.

Advertisement