Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Listowel Endurance Festival 22/23 Sept 2017

Options
  • 04-04-2017 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭

Great festival of events coming up in Listowel next September

More Details and Registration can be found at
    https://events.fitlive.ie/listowel-endurance-festival-2017

4 Events that take place over 2 days.

* 24 Hour - This race will start at 6pm on Friday 22nd September and continue to 6pm on Saturday. Winners to be decided by whoever covers the most distance. To be considered a finisher athletes must reach at least 100km.

* 12 Hour - This race will start at 6am on Saturday 23rd September and continue to 6pm that evening. Winners to be decided by whoever covers the most distance. To be considered a finisher athletes must reach at least 60km.

* 6 Hour - This race will start at 12 Noon on Saturday 23rd September and will continue to 6pm that evening. Winners to be decided by whoever covers the most distance. To be considered a finisher athletes must reach at least 42.2km (marathon distance).

* 3 Hour - 7K Concept!!!! What is that you ask ?? This race will start at 3pm on the Saturday and finish at 6pm that evening. You must complete 7k within each hour. Your time will be recorded. Winner will be determined by whoever has the lowest accumulated time from the three 7k runs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

Really interested in the 3hr event.
    How long is the loop ?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Really interested in the 3hr event.
    How long is the loop ?

0.73 of a Mile.

Therefore 6 loops to make up the 7K.

The 3 hour event is very a interesting idea.

Do you go all out and burst a gut to get the 7K done as quickly as possible.
    Will you be able to start again quickly on the next hour after stopping for 30 mins or more.
    Would you end up crashing towards the end of last one doing that?

or

Do you time yourself more evenly over the 3 7Ks and see if that does the trick to be the fastest overall.

There's tactics to be considered there, and as we all know, the man on the day who bursts away from you will make you throw them out the window :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Consider me intrigued. By all of the options :)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rega

This looks really interesting. Might have a go at the 7K circuits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Delighted to see this race pop up, especially since the Tralee Town Park 24/12 is not on again this autumn.
    It's great to have as a back up in case I end up injured for Belfast, and in that case I'll definitely attempt the 24 hour. If not, I'd hope to do the 12 hour if recovery from Belfast goes ok. My only qualm is the 6am start as I hate early morning running!!!
    Looks like it's panning out to be a really well run event.

• Advertisement
Advertisement