Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best online map of Ireland showing contour lines ?

• 04-04-2017 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi,

I'd like to find a map of Ireland which has the best contour line resolution, with modern technology (GPS etc) I assume that there must be data for altitude all over the country down to an accuracy of ~1m. Does anyone know if this is available online anywhere ? All I've found so far is the Terrain view on Google maps. It shows contour lines with a separation of 20m however they are very faint relative to the street markings etc. so it is almost impossible to follow them anywhere that you go below 100m so while in theory the standard resolution is 20m in practice it is more like 100m. So does anyone know, is there anyway to clean up the Google maps data or is there a better source elsewhere ?

Thanks,

Usjes.

Comments

Advertisement