Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Engine codes ...

Options
  • 05-04-2017 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Folks,

- 66 kilowatts (90 PS; 89 bhp) @ 3,750 rpm; 210 newton metres (155 lbf·ft) @ 1,900 rpm — AGR, AHH, ALE, ALH
    - The above is from a wikipedia page on VW diesel engines ...

Anyone know what the significant differences are between AGR, AHH, ALE & ALH?
    Why would someone opt for 1 type over the other types ... that sort of thing? Cheers.

Regards,
    T
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AuldDaysul

AGR is a wastegate turbo, ALH and AHH are VNT turbo. AHH I think was mostly with automatic and 11mm VP37 pump. The automatics all had larger pumps and smaller nozzles.

Never came across the ALE so don't know anything there, likely some minor nozzle or fuelling difference/something emissions related.

If you going modding I'd be starting with ALH from the 4 you mentioned. 11mm pump from auto, big nozzles big turbo etc etc etc.

Personally I think the best VP engine is ASV.

Advertisement