Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else hate Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

pajo1981 wrote: »
    Work in north inner city and it is a hellhole. Filthy knacker ridden kip.

And the op is correct pick and irish town out at random and 9/10 it will be nicer than the north inner city.

Not a fan of Irishtown myself, lived near there for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Folks - Let's keep this relevant to the North County. Dublin City issues go to the Dublin City forum.

Ta.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Arghus wrote: »
    I'm from the West of Ireland - please stay where you are.

No!!! You've got to take him/her!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Don't let the door hit you on the way out

Unless it hits you REALLY hard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

... On the flipside they spend a lot of time wanting to know each other business.....
    I'd have to agree with that. A lot of the 'friendliness' in rural Ireland is pure nosiness in my experience. I'll talk to almost anyone but I take exception to being at a 'press conference' two sentences into the conversation. Try buying a stamp in a rural post office!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

Have to agree with biko and hill billy , OP post 1 , if not a troll then a pot stirrer , and probably suited to after hours forum or dub city forum ,in my book Leo B SAY'S it all N.C.D -- Fab Place .. fab people .. we should be the 33rd County .. our day will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

Can I move west with ya??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Absolute bollocks! Skerries is filthy & disgusting? It won the Tidy Towns last year! Other towns in the north county are also very well kept & largely litter-free.

Admittedly, there are litter black spots in the city, but if that's a topic for the Dublin City forum.

And as for friendliness - if you are going around sporting that sort of nonsense attitude I'd say it is probably you, not us.

Completely agree. I'm from up the road in Balbriggan and pop into Skerries regularly. If the OP finds Skerries filthy, then they must have some incredibly high standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

mrhoppy wrote: »
    I seem to be the only person living in Dublin who absolutely despises it. There are several reasons for this, take them as you may.

As you say yourself, you do seem to be that only person, ever wonder why?
    1) A lot of people here seem to not be very nice at all, in stark contrast to people from, let's say, anywhere in the West of Ireland, who seem much friendlier and don't seem as pretentious as quite a lot of people from Dublin.

I find people from Dublin to be very friendly. One of the friendliest cities in the world. (official)
    2) It's absolutely filthy. Everywhere I go, Lusk, Rush, Skerries, Swords, Dublin City, etc. is absolutely filthy and disgusting just to be in. The ground is constantly full of litter.

No it's not. Look again.
    3) Dublin City. Don't get me started on Dublin City; it's a nightmare. It's an absolutely disgusting place and I never ever go there unless absolutely unavoidable.

It's one of the nicest cities in Europe.
    I want to move to the West somewhere and unless someone can give me at least 5 good reasons why I'd want to stay here I'm leaving this utter kip.

Five reasons?

1- Noodle bars and Burrito bars (cheap and good)
    2 - Free Museums and galleries (win win)
    3 - Great people
    4 - The wildlife sanctuaries
    5 - The choice the city has to offer.

It's a bit weird posting in the North county Dublin forum about hating all of Dublin. And, keeping it relevant to North County Dublin (mod post noted) you couldn't get a more food producing area in the country when it comes to horticulture. The area is dotted with seaside towns and village with very rural environments. Some of the best tillage land on the island with amazing little hidden, isolated spots with sailing clubs (affordable ones at that), Golf, GAA, Rugby, every sport and hobby ticked off!! Some of the villages and towns have cracking pubs and well critiqued restaurants offering the best of local sea and field produce.

These nonsense threads attract the usual, predictive trolls trying to stir up the fanboys...
    biko wrote: »
    New account - check
    Start Dub rant in Dublin forum - check
    Jackeens go nuts and lashes out at culchies - check

First one to use the word Jackeen - Biko - check
    First one to use the work Culchie - Biko - check

Still at it Biko?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Drain Brain

You can't set foot in the north inner city without walking in dog ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

Am a Dub myself, agree with op, left the place

• Registered Users Posts: 24 venlo

i was only in dublin for 2 nights in 1987, it was like new york with the sirens going through the night,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,715 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I wholeheartedly agree OP. Dublin has too many state dependent scumbags. That's the problem. It's mostly a social welfare city. That's what you get. When given things people won't respect things so they make a sh!t of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭99problems

John_Rambo wrote:

Are you living in the same Dublin I did ? It's an absolute kip.

99problems wrote: »
    Are you living in the same Dublin I did ? It's an absolute kip.

Yep. Was out in the city till last night. Amazing atmosphere, great food, went to a few different bars, had good fun with friends and randomers. Ended up strolling from Harcourt st. to Amiens st. place was hopping. A stunning, vibrant, diverse city. Heading for the beach now. Not many capital cities have numerous beaches!

Are you living in the same Dublin I am?

Back in the city centre now. Spotless and stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭99problems

John_Rambo wrote:
    Yep. Was out in the city till last night. Amazing atmosphere, great food, went to a few different bars, had good fun with friends and randomers. Ended up strolling from Harcourt st. to Amiens st. place was hopping. A stunning, vibrant, diverse city. Heading for the beach now. Not many capital cities have numerous beaches!

John_Rambo wrote:

John_Rambo wrote:

John_Rambo wrote:

No I left, but I'm happy someone likes the place good for you

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I don't want to start handing out cards, but please do not ignore mod warnings. Keep posts relevant to North County Dublin.

Thanks.

tHB

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Counted 6 cars with kayaks on roof racks heading out the Skerries Road this morning. They've the right idea.

Counted 6 cars with kayaks on roof racks heading out the Skerries Road this morning. They've the right idea.

The kitesurfers should be out when the sea breeze kicks in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I seem to be the only person living in Dublin who absolutely despises it. There are several reasons for this, take them as you may.

1) A lot of people here seem to not be very nice at all, in stark contrast to people from, let's say, anywhere in the West of Ireland, who seem much friendlier and don't seem as pretentious as quite a lot of people from Dublin.

2) It's absolutely filthy. Everywhere I go, Lusk, Rush, Skerries, Swords, Dublin City, etc. is absolutely filthy and disgusting just to be in. The ground is constantly full of litter.

3) Dublin City. Don't get me started on Dublin City; it's a nightmare. It's an absolutely disgusting place and I never ever go there unless absolutely unavoidable.

I want to move to the West somewhere and unless someone can give me at least 5 good reasons why I'd want to stay here I'm leaving this utter kip.

Can I rent your house/flat when you leave?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Back in the city centre now. Spotless and stunning.
    ...and even a taxi blocking that useless cycle track! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Malahide also got a gold medal in the TT last year.

I was in Malahide village yesterday, place looked fairly immaculate from what I could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

enzo roco wrote: »
    What are you proud of???

Can you not understand the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Theres not too many places with a finer view than the Nags head of a sunny evening.

All my veg is grown within about 10km of my house

Bog of the RIng; The Five Roads; THE Naul; The Nags Head; The Man O War

Shenick at low tide

Joe May's; South Strand, Storm in a Teacup or just people have your back

• Registered Users Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

What's stopping you?

Here nearly ten years and have loved every minute of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Wailin

John_Rambo wrote: »

No it's not. Look again.

That gave me a laugh this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

The rudest people I've ever encountered were the people of Galway. I'm from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭katkev

You can't set foot in the north inner city without walking in dog ****.

That's not dog ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Cynortas

Dublin is a great place to live in. Only issue i have is those annoying ahole bike couriers.

Advertisement