Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Market Roof/canopy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭914

421139.jpg

Pic is upside down? :D

Correct! Still looks amazing, bit of a mind tripper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Great pic John boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

that's what you see when you've had one too many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Someone is bound to stage a walking on the mirror stunt at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

I think a pane of glass is shattered already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I think a pane of glass is shattered already.

Where is glass used?

Where is glass used?

All around the edging

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

914 wrote: »
    Where is glass used?

All around the edging

Dunno if that would be made from glass?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

914 wrote: »
    All around the edging

Highly unlikely ...... Health & Safety concerns with glass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I don't understand the outrage against this development. I went down yesterday evening and I've never seen the Appple Market looking so good in my life. There was music belting out of the hub, seats and chairs outside Heery's and Kazbar. Apple Market looks a lot more spacious now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭freewheeler

Down that way this morning and think the apple market looks great and much brighter than i expected it to look...definitely one of the roof glass panels shattered up near usa stores...wonder how that happened???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

I don't understand the outrage against this development. I went down yesterday evening and I've never seen the Appple Market looking so good in my life. There was music belting out of the hub, seats and chairs outside Heery's and Kazbar. Apple Market looks a lot more spacious now.

You can dress it up in all the Queens English from The Oxford Dictionary but it still looks terrible. A 'complete' waste of time, effort and taxpayers money!
    How anyone can suggest that this has enhanced the area or is or will be a success is deluded. An eyesore!

It's shattered alright like the wind screen of a car....

Well I sincerely hope it wasn't vandalism but what else comes to mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

You can dress it up in all the Queens English from The Oxford Dictionary but it still looks terrible. A 'complete' waste of time, effort and taxpayers money!
    How anyone can suggest that this has enhanced the area or is or will be a success is deluded. An eyesore!

Was it not funded from some European grant? One that had to be spent on some sort of urban refurbishment/development?

Hard to know would be very dangerous throwing something up.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

Hard to know would be very dangerous throwing something up.

Saw it myself. Second pane in coming from Micheal Street. Something must have caused it to shattered.

Because it was so much better as a taxi rank and lads selling Hi viz jackets and toilet rolls! That really added a vibrancy to the area!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

You're talking through your hoop now. It has improved the area 100% from the dingy taxi rank it was, and your criticism is particularly rich considering you haven't seen it in the flesh and aren't likely too since I can't imagine you'll leave the urban utopia of Dublin you so often opine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Seemingly when they tightened the bolts on the glass it shattered. AFAIK its tempered and laminated glass so wont fall.

• Advertisement

Seemingly when they tightened the bolts on the glass it shattered. AFAIK its tempered and laminated glass so wont fall.

Too much to ask to put in a new one then rather than put in the shattered one?

You're talking through your hoop now. It has improved the area 100% from the dingy taxi rank it was, and your criticism is particularly rich considering you haven't seen it in the flesh and aren't likely too since I can't imagine you'll leave the urban utopia of Dublin you so often opine.

I was home for a few days during the week and I walked along the Quays, up The Mall, along Parnell Street and into the Apple Market.
    What I did note that while the Waterford CC council are spending a considerable amount building this....structure, the bins on both
    The Mall & Parnell Street were full to capacity!
    And this was late in the evening! It looked unkempt!

Why were they not emptied by the WCC Staff?

I also noted major cracks in the footpath surrounding Reginald's Tower!
    Is that a sign of stress on the supports/foundation of the tower?
    Surely with all the heavy traffic passing it over the years it might be affecting
    it in some way? I'm no engineer but in my humble opinion it needs looking at!
    They'll wait for it to fall down and then wonder why it happened!

We can spend millions on Triangles (Viking/Apple Market) but can't maintain what we already have!
    It doesn't happen in Dublin so why should it happen in Waterford?

I was home for a few days during the week and I walked along the Quays, up The Mall, along Parnell Street and into the Apple Market.
    What I did note that while the Waterford CC council are spending a considerable amount building this....structure, the bins on both

Surely with all the heavy traffic passing it over the years it might be affecting

We can spend millions on Triangles (Viking/Apple Market) but can't maintain what we already have!

EU money paying for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Have you been in Dublin late in the evening?
    There is filth there from late night revellers, why does Dublin council do anything about it?
    The council has to spend millions housing families in Hotels, and when none are available they have to stay in Garda stations, why does Dublin city council do anything about it?
    Traffic is a nightmare, why does Dublin City council do anything about it?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Lads i dont know why any of you are bothering to reply to the quiet fella he comes on here every week saying the same crap just looking for a reaction,ignore him and he'll eventually go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Well you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette. Whether its an eyesore or not is subjective. I am glad they pedestrianised part of the street too as was just too unsuitable going up newgate street.

Lads i dont know why any of you are bothering to reply to the quiet fella he comes on here every week saying the same crap just looking for a reaction,ignore him and he'll eventually go away.

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

I think he has an extreme council grudge...didn't get the job or something.

Reginalds Tower falls under the OPW and not Waterford CCC. If you have concerns over the structure I would urge you as a concerned citizen to contact the OPW in relation to your concerns.

As for the bins Waterford has a great reputation for its cleanliness, last year Waterford received 4th place in the Anti-Litter League which is ran by the Irish Business Against Litter (IBAL), way ahead of Dublin, Cork, Limerick and Galway.

For a number of years now Waterford has been above the European norm for cleanliness.

You also can not compare Waterford to Dublin. Dublin being the captial is handy all sorts of money for projects while areas like Waterford have to fight tooth and nail to be even considered for funding.

• Advertisement

Max Powers wrote: »
    I think he has an extreme council grudge...didn't get the job or something.

Hello Max! ;)

Advertisement