Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Market Roof/canopy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Hello Max! ;)

Change the record quiet fella.

Back on topic...
    Great to see area with outdoor seating yesterday and today, good crowds outside heerys, and geoffs, eating/drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

Anyone have a picture of the seating? Dying to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Daisy 55 wrote: »
    Anyone have a picture of the seating? Dying to see!

There's no seating under the mirror bit (at the moment anyway). Just a couple of the pubs there have put some seats outside but it's not a huge amount really. Well that's when I saw it about 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

passed by about 2 hours ago, no seating there yet, still work to be done at the end. Pane of glass is shattered, but there's no impact area on it, may have just been tightened too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Max Powers wrote: »
    Change the record quiet fella.

Back on topic...
    Great to see area with outdoor seating yesterday and today, good crowds outside heerys, and geoffs, eating/drinking.

Gino's is looking great too,but i think id prefer the taxi rank and toilet roll sellers :rolleyes:

19601089_1570985819581359_662490061139020805_n.jpg?oh=ee7c85bc1e82dfa18997fc4163b3628f&oe=59D1C5F0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

It seems from the pic above that the businesses are effectively increasing their floor area by a considerable amount into what was a pedestrian way previously.

Maybe I am misinterpreting the pics ....... but if not will that mean an increase in rates for those businesses?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

There is likely a fee per outdoor table or for total area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

So is traffic still flowing up that way? Looking at pictures it seems to be pedestrianized but there seems to be a faint road through it also?

Their Facebook page is advertising the first live gig (free) to be there later in the month. Will hopefully be well organized and could be a great addition to the city!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,394 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

sillysocks wrote: »
    Their Facebook page is advertising the first live gig (free) to be there later in the month. Will hopefully be well organized and could be a great addition to the city!

whos playing?

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    whos playing?

Ham sandwich...was in paper couple weeks ago

https://www.facebook.com/theapplemarket.ie/posts/1984932951795845:0

Hopefully link works but if not The Silk Road and Ham Sandwich.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

So is traffic still flowing up that way? Looking at pictures it seems to be pedestrianized but there seems to be a faint road through it also?

There is a road through it, though it's not open yet as they're still working on the lower end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭Sosurface

Looks exactly how I thought it would. Badly designed. Badly finished with ****ty cheapo materials. A pure pound shop job. Bravo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Sosurface wrote: »
    Looks exactly how I thought it would. Badly designed. Badly finished with ****ty cheapo materials. A pure pound shop job. Bravo.

Geronimo must have been on the warpath earlier in the week as there are a few arrows sticking out from the ceiling! The mind boggles!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Let us see how you would have designed it and what wonderful materials you would have used :rolleyes:

So many begrudgers in this city , they all b1tch and moan how they would do things but never actually try and do something

Let us see how you would have designed it and what wonderful materials you would have used :rolleyes:

So many begrudgers in this city , they all b1tch and moan how they would do things but never actually try and do something
    You want a design proposal with material selection and costing posted to you here? On a discussion board? Send me a pm there and we'll discuss fees if you're really interested. Doubt you could afford me though tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

To be fair,it was going to be one of those things that can divide the populous!
    Because the majority of people don't like, it doesn't make them begrudgers!

You want a design proposal with material selection and costing posted to you here? On a discussion board? Send me a pm there and we'll discuss fees if you're really interested. Doubt you could afford me though tbh.

All your posts are negative and put down on anything happening in the city, The canopy, Waterford airport etc.

No your fine regarding the proposal and yeah your fees are probably too high for my pocket. Plus the fact the i wouldn't like to take up any of your valuable time from doing other projects.

To be fair,it was going to be one of things that can divide the populous!
    Because the majority of people don't like, it doesn't make hem begrudgers!

Thats correct but his posts always seem to be a negative put down on anything happening in the City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

To be fair,it was going to be one of things that can divide the populous!
    Because the majority of people don't like, it doesn't make hem begrudgers!

The thing that annoys me is that people have been slating it since before it was finished and it still isn't finished! Wait til it's done and they have bands playing in there, then we can talk. If they do have additional seating down there with live music and it brings people to the area then, whatever you feel about the looks of it, you can't say that it's not a beneficial asset.

It will be great for spraoi.

Deiseen wrote: »
    The thing that annoys me is that people have been slating it since before it was finished and it still isn't finished! Wait til it's done and they have bands playing in there, then we can talk. If they do have additional seating down there with live music and it brings people to the area then, whatever you feel about the looks of it, you can't say that it's not a beneficial asset.

Its going to be great once completed and as you said outdoor music and other events. They have lined up numerous events including some big ones and rumour is that Oktoberfest will be there too this year.

Couple morons/whiners (who by and large know sod all about construction, design,what's happening, etc ) on here would be complaining if it was the greatest piece of architecture the world has seen, fair enough, might not be to everyone's taste.wouldn't pay too much heed deiseen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Talk about blowing smoke up your own hole :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭914

But what about all the sunbathers who used to folk to the applemarket to soak up the sun!

I remember the good old days, when the applemarket was roof free and you would easily have 500+ people there soaking up the rays!

Also really going to miss the excellent taxi rank that was there and miss the chance of buying a Hi viz vest and a few toilet rolls, not to mention the fake football jerseys!

What a place the applemarket was! It was the ultimate tourist attraction.

Couple morons/whiners (who by and large know sod all about construction, design,what's happening, etc ) on here would be complaining if it was the greatest piece of architecture the world has seen, fair enough, might not be to everyone's taste.wouldn't pay too much heed deiseen.
    lmao. Without even asking you what you do. Id wager I know a damn sight more about design than you ever will Barlow.
    Its more a case of join the circle jerk/communal ego massage or be cast a "whiner".

Sadly the urban councils are mostly staffed with similar yes men. Such is the result of paying sub-par salaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

lmao. Without even asking you what you do. Id wager I know a damn sight more about design than you ever will Barlow.
    Its more a case of join the circle jerk/communal ego massage or be cast a "whiner".

Sadly the urban councils are mostly staffed with similar yes men. Such is the result of paying sub-par salaries.

Go away out of it boy, ya know nothing. I see your type on Facebook all the time. Uneducated ignoramuses who think they know it all but haven't got a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Shows us your work or your diploma/degree or get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭goochy

sosurface , souphisownarse !

• Advertisement

Shows us your work or your diploma/degree or get out.

Haha. I owe you nothing Barlows minion. And Diploma? What do they give those for? Gender Studies or the like?

Advertisement