Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbon seatpost - fibre grip, right?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

That's the stuff I use. Works perfectly.
    Using means you can get a proper fit with less torque.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

It will.

I used this - same type of stuff: link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

Thank you!
    Your Order has been placed successfully

I don't have a torque wrench, can I just use an allen key. Sorry if that's a dumb question...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I always use a torque wrench on my seatpost and stem.
    The one I use is a very simple affair, that I got free with a Canyon Bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

Whyner wrote: »
    Thank you!
    Your Order has been placed successfully

I don't have a torque wrench, can I just use an allen key. Sorry if that's a dumb question...

I wouldn't unless your elbow/wrist is calibrated to the correct torque value :P. My saddle takes 5.5Nm which is a ridiculously low torque. If its saying a torque setting that low i worry how much over it would take to do damage and IMO its not worth the risk. Try get a loan of one for a couple of minutes or if you know a mechanic ask him can you use his:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

and here's me thinking my first bit of DIY would be simple, feckin feckers...

For Defy & TCR, the Vector seatclamp requires its bolts to be tightened
    to 50kgf-cm (5Nm)

Advertisement