Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasonable Legals fees for Buying a Home in Dublin

Options
  • 05-04-2017 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi
    I am in the process of getting a Mortgage and was wondering is there any recommendations for a solicitor with reasonable Prices for the legal fees.
    I have rang a few and they seem quite high that the bank are telling me is the average.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Sono

If they are all similar then surely you are getting close to the average. Ours were €2,400 last May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

Hi
    I am in the process of getting a Mortgage and was wondering is there any recommendations for a solicitor with reasonable Prices for the legal fees.
    I have rang a few and they seem quite high that the bank are telling me is the average.

Thanks

Location makes no difference to the solicitor except maybe once to witness documents being signed.

Somebody "down the country" can do the same job for less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Sono wrote: »
    If they are all similar then surely you are getting close to the average. Ours were €2,400 last May.

Same here €2700 for everything

I could have gotten a bit cheaper but I felt that I was getting value for my money for sure. There are plenty of cheap good solicitors, cheap terrible ones, expensive good ones and expensive terrible ones

Depends on what you need but if your prices are all in and around the same then you're in luck because you can choose the one that fits for you

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fraggle1980

Thanks ye that is around the price i was expecting to be paying.
    I must be looking in the wrong place because my lowest quote was 3500.

Thanks ye that is around the price i was expecting to be paying.
    I must be looking in the wrong place because my lowest quote was 3500.

3500? :eek:

Honestly that is high. Anything unusual about the house?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Mine was about 2.5k, a firm in Fairview

I haven't even got that far. Just in the application process.
    okay I will ring around a few more
    Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Get a law firm from down the country to quote you......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

'Cheap out' on this sort of stuff an expect an aloof solicitor who will be impossible to get hold of. That said I think mine was around €1500 + Outlays. Really its professional fees you should be comparing, outlays are pretty much (if not exactly) the same.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I paid about 2.5k 2 years ago. Bought in D11, soicitor in D15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Between 2.5k and 3.5k seems a fair bit excessive to me, even for Dublin, I work in a firm that charges 1700 plus the outlays. Sometimes you get complex conveyances with planning issues that need to be solved and it goes up a bit but I would still think around 2k plus outlays is average for the market right now.

To be clearer on my fees above it's
    €1500 fees and €1250 outlays so €2700 total

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Pay peanuts and you'll get monkeys. Pay cheap, you may pay again.

2500-2600 or thereabouts is the going rate.

Thanks All for your replies. I have found one that quoted me 2700 all in .. so prob go with that .
    The first quote must have been chancing his arm :-) cheers ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭PMBC

Get a law firm from down the country to quote you......

Gloomtastic is right. You will get it done by a good solicitor for 1200e. Also, if you are a member of a local Credit Union, they often have 'arrangements' with local solicitors for reduced rates for members - worth trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Sent you a PM that might be of use!

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

Last year in Dublin we paid (including VAT) €1,300 fees + €1,000 outlays

Advertisement