Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast City Marathon 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Henry42

I'm signed up. I ran most of the route yesterday on my final long run including the difficult hill section.

It's my third marathon. I'd love to go under 3.30 and although that will probably be too much to ask (3.40 more realistic) I'm still keeping it in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 p13

Which difficult hill section - the Antrim Road?
    I did my long run on Saturday and ran the marathon course until I got to 20 miles.  Struggled towards the end!
    It's my first marathon, so I just want to complete it!  4 hours 45 is hopefully a realistic time for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭ooter

I did this 2 years ago and I'll never forget the hill (ormeau road?) near the end, i felt like crying when i seen it, nearly bleedin finished me. :eek:

Living in Belfast I've run the whole course at one stage or another.
    Yeah the ormeau road is a tough climb at that stage!!

Yes, I was talking about the Antrim Road. The problem won't be doing the hill itself but the toll it will take on the legs heading into the second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Doin first leg of the relay here. Club entered 7 teams for it. Hopefully/should get under a hour for that bit.

I managed to finish in a chip time of 3.34.54 which I was pleased with. One or two minor issues aside, I thought it was a well run event.

Congratulations Henry.  I had a chip time of 4:48:05.  Was a hot day - great for spectators!
    Really enjoyed it.  Agree that it was a well run event.  No complaints on that front really.
    Shore tow path was pretty quiet, as expected.  Duncrue was quiet enough too, but the music in parts helped me!

Advertisement