Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Install an ESB Meter Box

Options
  • 05-04-2017 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,

Might be a basic question, but what are the outline steps for putting in a new meter box. I'm doing up a house - the existing meter is inside the utility room and on the far side of the house from where the cables are coming in - so the supply runs along the soffit all the way along the house. The soffit is in a bit of a state so I wouldn't mind replacing that also - but this is making it a bit of a hassle.

I'm thinking the best option is to put a new meter box on the gable end where the power cables come in.

My question is what is required here - do I need to cut out the hole and also put a lintel above it? Am I required to run anything else or do any more chasing? The document I've seen from the ESB looks like there is no support above the unit and mentions running a "hockey stick" from the foundations.... not really an option in a renovation is it?

Thanks,

Advertisement