Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Face wash recommendations for sensitive, dry and oily skin?

Options
  • 05-04-2017 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi everyone!:) Looking for recommendations for some face care products, mostly for a new face wash, i have used the witch facial scrub for a long time and loved it but I'm struggling to find it these days and now my skin is breaking out like crazy. Does anyone have any recommendations? My skin is very sensitive, dry and now oily! Any help would be great thank you!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Try the Elave facial cleanser. Foaming washes strip your face and in turn make it produce more oil. You need something gentle.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cerisepink

Thank you for your reply!:) Isn't Elave more of a creamy cleanser? See I liked the witch one because it kind of dried out my skin first and then I moisturised after, it really worked for me. I'm just struggling to find one that's more of a toner too?

Cerisepink wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply!:) Isn't Elave more of a creamy cleanser? See I liked the witch one because it kind of dried out my skin first and then I moisturised after, it really worked for me. I'm just struggling to find one that's more of a toner too?

Its a emollient cleanser. What you are doing is actually causing your oiliness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

You might need a moisturising cleanser, a cleanser that dries out your skin can sometimes cause your skin to overproduce oil, creating oiliness. I have dry sensitive skin and I love Soap and Glory peaches and clean and Soap and Glory face soap and clarity vitamin C facewash. Theyre both amazing, peaches and clean is a creamy facewash, face soap and clarity is more of a foamy scrubby wash but it doesnt dry out my skin like almost everything else does.

You might need a moisturising cleanser, a cleanser that dries out your skin can sometimes cause your skin to overproduce oil, creating oiliness. I have dry sensitive skin and I love Soap and Glory peaches and clean and Soap and Glory face soap and clarity vitamin C facewash. Theyre both amazing, peaches and clean is a creamy facewash, face soap and clarity is more of a foamy scrubby wash but it doesnt dry out my skin like almost everything else does.

Wait hold on so drying out my skin to prevent oily skin is actually giving me oily skin!? Jeez why does it all have to be so complicated :/ I figured I would clog my pores too much If I used a heavy cleanser. Thank you so much for your recommendations I'll check out a few tomorrow:) also is it still okay to use a toner?

• Advertisement

Wait hold on so drying out my skin to prevent oily skin is actually giving me oily skin!? Jeez why does it all have to be so complicated :/ I figured I would clog my pores too much If I used a heavy cleanser. Thank you so much for your recommendations I'll check out a few tomorrow:) also is it still okay to use a toner?

I know it's annoying, you might have oily/dehydrated skin and a drying cleanser might make both problems worse. I wouldnt use a heavy cleanser if it clogs your pores, soap and glory ones I find are very light and moisturising. Theyre not expensive either. I don't know much about toners, I dont really use them myself because they dry out my skin, do what works for you :)

Youre stripping your skin of its oil...so your skin thinks "right we need to make more oil". Thats exactly what happens. Try a very simple cleanser - even just aqueous cream. Forget toner - most of them have alcohol in them, that wont help your skin either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Can those products you recommended be used on male skin too?

Passenger wrote: »
    Can those products you recommended be used on male skin too?

id say so, maybe ask in the chemist to be sure.

Parchment wrote: »
    Youre stripping your skin of its oil...so your skin thinks "right we need to make more oil". Thats exactly what happens. Try a very simple cleanser - even just aqueous cream. Forget toner - most of them have alcohol in them, that wont help your skin either.

Woops, I wasn't aware it was all so scientific! But I guess it kind of makes sense. I couldn't find any soap and glory products today but I did pick up an Elave cleanser so I will use it later. I was just going to use my witch hazel or rose water for a toner but maybe I'll skip it until this breakout clears! :D thank you:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

Any opinions on Avéne cleanser, the blue wash one? They have a creamy cleanser too and an oil type one. Have a sample of that one to try.

Woops, I wasn't aware it was all so scientific! But I guess it kind of makes sense. I couldn't find any soap and glory products today but I did pick up an Elave cleanser so I will use it later. I was just going to use my witch hazel or rose water for a toner but maybe I'll skip it until this breakout clears! :D thank you:)

I think you can only buy soap and glory in boots but Elave is really good too :)

Aimeee wrote: »
    Any opinions on Avéne cleanser, the blue wash one? They have a creamy cleanser too and an oil type one. Have a sample of that one to try.

Avene is wonderful for sensitive and reactive skin. I would say 75% of my skincare is from Avene.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

Parchment wrote: »
    Avene is wonderful for sensitive and reactive skin. I would say 75% of my skincare is from Avene.
    That's good to hear. Just started on it myself and so far very happy.

Advertisement