Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why was my query deleted?

• 05-04-2017 12:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

Hi 

I asked how could I go about closing my account, loan, credit card etc 

[Snipped]

Please outline the process and will you escalate my reason for closure?

Thanks 

Mod note: BoI cannot comment on any ongoing legal matters, but can address how to close your account.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Then that could have been said instead of deleting my original query. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon gizmo81, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here and I'm sorry to hear you wish to close your accounts. 

When closing a loan account, it is necessary to find out the full closing balance including any interest or fess that may have accumulated on the account. Please contact our Loans team directly on 0818 200 334 where a representative will be happy to provide a closing balance for you and assist with the closure. 

To close your current account you can complete this simple form online. 

Finally, to close your Credit Card account, please call our Card Services team on 0818 251 251 and a representative will be happy to help. Please ensure that the balance is cleared in full before closing and that you request cancellation. Just to mention the €30 Government Stamp Duty fee will need to be paid for the current tax year which began on the 1st of April 2017 upon closure of the account. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine 

Advertisement