Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Bournemouth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Inconsistancy is down to the manager is it not??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    This result is pleasing
    Fair play to Bournemouth

Haha, douche. I enjoyed the Utd. result yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

No wonder klopp doesn't change tactics much when it fails so badly when he does

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

J Mysterio wrote: »
    And Coutinho - disgusted - went straight down the tunnel.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Do you think he was happy there rolleyes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

one good thing, United's nose bleed is over and are back in 6th :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

This result is pleasing
    Fair play to Bournemouth

aye they deserved the point I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Pity there wasn't another five mins for Bournemouth to get the win :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The text commentary I was reading said Klopp parked the bus with 30 minutes to go

Interesting tactic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Inconsistancy is down to the manager is it not??

Sack Klopp and appoint Sammy Lee. Bring the old times back.

• Advertisement

Still well in our hands
    It's another game off the list , 6 to go. Teams like City United and Arsenal are running out of games. We just need to keep our heads.

7 to go :P

The text commentary I was reading said Klopp parked the bus with 30 minutes to go

Interesting tactic

He was getting lessons off Mourinho's last 10 years of management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Interesting tactic

I've seen certain managers do it with 90 to go this season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

hefferboi wrote: »
    He was getting lessons off Mourinho's last 10 years of management.

Not on how to win cup finals:D

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Boom get in!! Loserpool

Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Boom get in!! Loserpool

What the hell are you?

Not on how to win cup finals:D

Tonight wasn't a cup final though?

I honestly dont think klopp knows how to manage a game,mentally and tactically,he seems a good man manager and maybe motivator and maybe a good coach,but as a manager i have my doubts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Gwan the Cherries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Klopp had little options though. The squad is so thin. Really unlucky with injuries. He is working miracles to be in the mix at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

niallo27 wrote: »
    Klopp had little options though. The squad is so thin. Really unlucky with injuries. He is working miracles to be in the mix at this stage.

He's had chances though to buy depth for the squad and hasn't though. May end up costing him.

Why is the squad so thin? Klopp has been there long enough to get a squad in place.

In the mix for CL but no hope of winning the league that went a long time ago.

• niallo27 wrote: »

He's had some awful results against teams in the bottom half of the table this season with nearly a full squad available to him so that is not true Niallo!

And whos ****ing fault is that,hes here nearly 2yrs now and our squad is the worst in the league,our bench is septic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Brilliant example of positive spin right there :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

He's had some awful results against teams in the bottom half of the table this season with nearly a full squad available to him so that is not true Niallo!

To be fair a lot of the bad results came after Christmas when Coutinho was injured and Mane was away at the AFCON.

• To be fair a lot of the bad results came after Christmas when Coutinho was injured and Mane was away at the AFCON.

Mane came back from the afcon and you still lost to a team in the bottom end

And whos ****ing fault is that,hes here nearly 2yrs now and our squad is the worst in the league,our bench is septic

Yes our squad is worse than Sunderland's.

You don't half talk rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

You can't have it both ways, you and your cronies lay into Mourinho on a daily basis for spending money.

Klopp has spent 75 million at Liverpool, add two starting players to that and he propels into the Guardiola/Mourinho level of spending. You can't praise him for not spending money then when he isn't winning point to the lack of squad depth and say Klopp is doing miracles with the squad he has.

• Advertisement

Only himself to blame for that really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Calm down and take a look at the league table.

Not at home though I am just trying to give an explanation to why he went so defensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Yes our squad is worse than Sunderland's.

You don't half talk rubbish

Only appears when there is a bad result. Don't give him what he wants

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Kings equaliser cost me almost 4K sterling from a 2 quid bet !

You can't have it both ways, you and your cronies lay into Mourinho on a daily basis for spending money.

Klopp has spent 75 million at Liverpool, add two starting players to that and he propels into the Guardiola/Mourinho level of spending. You can't praise him for not spending money then when he isn't winning point to the lack of squad depth and say Klopp is doing miracles with the squad he has.

I was more talking about injuries than money spent. I don't see many question Jose for spending money. He has it why not spend it, people lay into him because utd are rubbish and he won't take any blame for any poor performance.

• Advertisement

Kings equaliser cost me almost 4K sterling from a 2 quid bet !

Jesus, what did you have?

Mourinho spent 14 million more on one player who has been a flop so far than Klopps entire spending at Liverpool.

Not at home though I am just trying to give an explanation to why he went so defensive.

He shouldn't have gone defensive as he seems to have no clue how to implement it.
    No plan B is a huge problem with that team.

Klopp has spent 75 million at Liverpool, add two starting players to that and he propels into the Guardiola/Mourinho level of spending.

Liverpool have actually made a profit in each of the last 3 transfer windows.

How this is comparable to Mourinho or Guardiola, well I think you'd have to be half demented to make that comparison.

And I'd actually like to see Klopp spend some money.

Brilliant example of positive spin right there :)

Liverpool are third in the league with 7 to play. I would have taken that all day long at the start of the season. I'm not going lose the plot after one poor result.

• Advertisement

Liverpool are third in the league with 7 to play. I would have taken that all day long at the start of the season. I'm not going lose the plot after one poor result.

This is a fair point but it was a different case last night as rivals lost the plot and wrote a certain team / manager off. Consistant it ain't

This is a fair point but it was a different case last night as rivals lost the plot and wrote a certain team / manager off. Consistant it ain't

Are United and Mourinho finished?

Yes but utd should be ahead of Liverpool though, huge squad, huge stadium, big wages, top manager. Liverpool are coming from a lot lower base. Utd form this year is unacceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think a lot of people said United chances of making top four through the league are hanging by a thread looking at who you have still to play.

You do still have a great chance to qualify for the CL through the EL though. By far the strongest team left in it.

Yes but utd should be ahead of Liverpool though, huge squad, huge stadium, big wages, top manager. Liverpool are coming from a lot lower base. Utd form this year is unacceptable.

Home form arguably but 9 months into a job from whom a sqaud has been inherited. He's got to sign four players in his short career so far. And is giving the rest of the sqaud a chance to prove themselves.
    I think you will see a lot of players move on this summer as he's building his team . Not Moyes or lvgs team.
    What major trophy have city, Liverpool or Arsenal won this year? Nope nothing.

• hefferboi wrote: »
    Are United and Mourinho finished?

Yep, p45

But are Man U where they should be?

Without saying Mourinho should be sacked or anything because i don't think that should be the case, but would you not be worried about Mourinho's whole performance this season or where he's going?

Remember when he first came onto the scene, he looked cool and confident as f*ck, but now he literally looks like a near retired binman knocking door to door telling the residents why it's their fault their bins aren't being collected.

There's a lot of work to be done at Liverpool in terms of improving our record against the weaker teams, but surely that's a lot easier than beating them and trying to improve our record against the best teams.

I agree with Niallo, i wanted us challenging realistically for a top four spot this season and we're doing that. Hopefully we can achieve it and kick on from there. I won't be getting too worried about tonight albeit the injuries are a concern.

Mick, do you think what Mourinho said about Luke Shaw last night was right? He's like a man that's lost the plot. He's always talked rubbish before but you'd have to seriously question his mental health with his recent comments in the press.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

As you well know Rayne and as any accountant will tell you it's net spend that is the main thing.

Last summer Liverpool made a profit of 4.25mil

United's net spend was 117 mil

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/transfers/wettbewerb/GB1

Mick, do you think what Mourinho said about Luke Shaw last night was right? He's like a man that's lost the plot. He's always talked rubbish before but you'd have to seriously question his mental health with his recent comments in the press.

That was so weird.

• Advertisement
Advertisement