Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Passport

Options
  • 05-04-2017 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Hi guys on holiday with our 9 month old this summer we have passport forms and it looks like we have to apply for a 3 year one.
    But we were wondering what the cost of it is? as doesn't say on form
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

It's €16.00. If you apply via passport express you pay in the post office and pay and extra fee of €9.50. I did the "express" a month ago and it's still not here

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

Beanybabog wrote: »
    It's €16.00. If you apply via passport express you pay in the post office and pay and extra fee of €9.50. I did the "express" a month ago and it's still not here

Funnily enough passport express is the only way to do it now. Therefore the real cost is €25.50. I don't know why they try to pretend you have s choice in the €9.50!!

Funnily enough passport express is the only way to do it now. Therefore the real cost is €25.50. I don't know why they try to pretend you have s choice in the €9.50!!

Really?? That's disgraceful. They need to change their form so. And there's nothing "express" about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

you would want to get that application off asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Thank you guys for all the advice will move on it this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭scarepanda

You pay all in the post office when using passport express. I had the credit card details filled in and the lady at the desk got me to cross the info out. It took about 5 weeks for my lo's to arrive last month. It actually came a couple days earlier than the estimated delivery time it gave when i checked the website using the tracking number on the post office receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Wexy86

Got my 7 month old done today, the 3 year passport is no longer in force as of last week. Cost €39.50 for a 5 year and was told should have it in 17 working days

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭superman28

The current waiting list is at least 6 weeks.. I was told this even for passport express.. I would get your skates on...

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Is there not an option to pay extra and get it within 5 days does anyone know? If so, is it likely to be reliable as we are hoping to go away in 2 weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Kurumba wrote: »
    Is there not an option to pay extra and get it within 5 days does anyone know? If so, is it likely to be reliable as we are hoping to go away in 2 weeks!!

I think you can get it quicker if you go in and queue and have proof of a flight/trip. Worth ringing the passport office and checking.

• Advertisement

Kurumba wrote: »

No, passport expresses used to be the quickeroption but now it appears it's the only option!! You can go in and get it in person

Advertisement