Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After leaving Eircom, unexpected fee charged for returning router

Options
  • 05-04-2017 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,465 ✭✭✭✭

In Jul/Aug 2016, I switched from Eircom to Vodafone, due to Eir increasing their prices.

My final bills were as follows:

July 2016 = as normal
    Aug 2016 = -0.20, i.e. a small credit of 20cent
    Sep 2016 = 59.79

For the last few months I have been wondering about that 59.79 bill, especially as I had left Eircom by early August.

By webchat yesterday, Suja tells me that it is a 59.99 fee for non-return of a router.

I would have been happy to return the router if I was asked.

Perhaps it is in the small print of the original contract, but it's unrealistic to expect customers to know that they must return the router. A reminder would be helpful.

I have searched Eir Community forums, and I now see that there is an address to post the router to, as follows:

[font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]Free post[/font]
    [font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]eir logistics[/font]
    [font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]Cragg Avenue[/font]
    [font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]Clondalkin[/font]
    [font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]Dublin 22[/font]

Should I go ahead and post the router to this address?

Thanks.

PS If Eir had a broadband-only deal, I might have stayed. But their minimum was 55, vs 40 with Vodafone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi Geuze,

Thank you for getting in touch with us today. 

I am sorry to hear you switched providers and that you were not notified to send back your eir router when you closed your account.

If you would please send your router to eir Returns, PO Box 12726, Freepost, Dublin 11. This is the new address for our customers that wish to return their routers. If you would like to also PM me your full name and account number, I will also dispute the charge for your router not being returned. 

I do apologise for any confusion caused.

Thanks, 

Leanne.

Advertisement