Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere suitable to park for Autoglass to replace windscreen - in city centre

• 05-04-2017 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I'm getting my car windscreen replaced next week. They can only do it while I'm at work in the city. I park in a multi storey car park which isn't suitable for them to do the job in. Can anyone think of anywhere I can park for the day where they could pull up in front/beside me to do it? Has to be fairly central because I'll have to leave work for a few mins to meet them and again to get my keys back.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I can't think of anywhere you could drop it for the day and guarantee that they would have access to the car.

Would you drop it to their base on the Ballysimon road and walk/get a cab into town?

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LLL11

I'm usually fairly tight on time in the mornings because I have a school drop off first and it would be at least a half hour walk to the office from their base. And they're closed by the time I finish so that doesn't really suit.

Would the spaces on Pery Square where you park perpendicular to the road have enough room if I park with my bonnet to the footpath by the park? I haven't seen a windscreen replaced before so I'm not really sure what's involved or how much room is needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

If you and they are there early (say around 9am) then any of the streets up around Pery Square, Barrington Street, Harstonge Street, Catherine Place should have plenty of spaces so that you can park side by side.

LLL11 wrote: »
    I'm usually fairly tight on time in the mornings because I have a school drop off first and it would be at least a half hour walk to the office from their base. And they're closed by the time I finish so that doesn't really suit.

Would the spaces on Pery Square where you park perpendicular to the road have enough room if I park with my bonnet to the footpath by the park? I haven't seen a windscreen replaced before so I'm not really sure what's involved or how much room is needed.

They would need a bit of space to either side of your car too but it might work for them, I wouldn't be too sure.

It's only 2 hour parking there though, the City Council surface parking lot on Michael street might work but again it's only 1 or 2 hour parking.

Have Autoglass offered you any suggestions?

Train station car park maybe? Try grab one of the end parking spots in the rows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

Multistorey by Grove Island is free currently. Could leave keys with security in SuperValu and walk to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Paudee wrote: »
    Multistorey by Grove Island is free currently. Could leave keys with security in SuperValu and walk to work?

Pretty sure that's two hour free parking and charged after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Can the suggest a place, I'd be surprised if they hadn't had similar requests.

You could try asking in Northgate Van Hire in Cathedral Place.

The lady on the phone said that she didn't know of anywhere and that she would just put down that they would meet me at the car park (City centre one on Anne st) and we could sort it from there. She asked if I could organise with the car park for them to get in to do it but that doesn't really make sense because they won't have room in there to do it without blocking the place up.

I was thinking of the one on Michael st. too but that's always very full so might be a bit awkward.

The train station would be handy. As long as the picket isn't still going on or blocking the car park.

The multi storey in Grove Island is only free for the first two hours.

Never heard of Northgate van hire, I'll look it up.

I'm not too worried about the 2hr thing on the street. They aren't too strict so I'll put two discs on and go back to the car park at lunch.

Thanks for the replies. I'll ring them later with all the suggestions and see what suits them best. :)

LLL11 wrote: »
    The lady on the phone said that she didn't know of anywhere and that she would just put down that they would meet me at the car park (City centre one on Anne st) and we could sort it from there. She asked if I could organise with the car park for them to get in to do it but that doesn't really make sense because they won't have room in there to do it without blocking the place up.

I was thinking of the one on Michael st. too but that's always very full so might be a bit awkward.

The train station would be handy. As long as the picket isn't still going on or blocking the car park.

The multi storey in Grove Island is only free for the first two hours.

Never heard of Northgate van hire, I'll look it up.

I'm not too worried about the 2hr thing on the street. They aren't too strict so I'll put two discs on and go back to the car park at lunch.

Thanks for the replies. I'll ring them later with all the suggestions and see what suits them best. :)

No picket on the newer car park on the left in the station. Just the bus entrance. I'm there everyday.

• Advertisement

No picket on the newer car park on the left in the station. Just the bus entrance. I'm there everyday.
    Sorry to totally go off topic for a bit but what does it cost to park at the station?

E4.50 for 24hrs I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

Pretty sure that's two hour free parking and charged after that.

Barriers have been out of commission for a good while now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

h3000 wrote: »
    I can't think of anywhere you could drop it for the day and guarantee that they would have access to the car.

Would you drop it to their base on the Ballysimon road and walk/get a cab into town?

They closed down their Limerick Depot over a year ago. Just a Mobile Service now.

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    They closed down their Limerick Depot over a year ago. Just a Mobile Service now.

Oh right. I missed that but thankfully haven't needed them in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Paudee wrote: »
    Barriers have been out of commission for a good while now.

Only the front car park. The barriers are still there for the multi story round the back .

Advertisement