Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vueling Air

• 05-04-2017 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭

Has anyone any experience with flying with Vueling? I'm flying in June Dublin/Barcelona. One of our group is in a wheelchair and just wondering how people found them? The flight departure times were good and that's the main reason I chose them. Baggage allowance & baggage price are good too although that's not really an issue.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Flew from Barcelona to Bordeaux with them a few years ago. Were perfectly fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

xraylady wrote: »
    Has anyone any experience with flying with Vueling? I'm flying in June Dublin/Barcelona. One of our group is in a wheelchair and just wondering how people found them? The flight departure times were good and that's the main reason I chose them. Baggage allowance & baggage price are good too although that's not really an issue.

Did that flight last June. You can't check in online and had to queue at the desk. The line moved really slowly and we were in it for around an hour. Maybe that has changed since I don't know. Other than that they were okay. Same as any other budget airline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Vueling are great, new planes with power sockets on the premium seats with additional leg room.

Used them from Barcelona a few times :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Terrible airline, I've heard very few good things about them, they have a dreadful reputation for delays and cancellations in Spain. However I think they've maybe had a change of management this year so hopefully that will change things. But yeah no online check options doesn't really surprise me, and don't be surprised if you're delayed. Hopefully you won't be and all will go smoothly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Locker10a wrote: »
    Terrible airline, I've heard very few good things about them, they have a dreadful reputation for delays and cancellations in Spain. However I think they've maybe had a change of management this year so hopefully that will change things. But yeah no online check options doesn't really surprise me, and don't be surprised if you're delayed. Hopefully you won't be and all will go smoothly

Yeah .. but have you ever actually flown with Vueling ?

• Advertisement

redcup342 wrote: »

Yeah .. but have you ever actually flown with Vueling ?
    Nope, don't need to I work very closely with their daily operations and last year was a shambles, I know a number of their current and ex-employees too and close family also in aviation deal with them daily too, no one has ever been positive about them. I hope for the poor staff and passengers that Vueling have improved this year, although I won't hold my breath...

https://www.google.ie/amp/elpais.com/elpais/2016/07/04/inenglish/1467622396_910185.amp.html

Here's a link to an article you might find interesting
    http://elpais.com/elpais/2016/07/04/inenglish/1467622396_910185.html

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

This article is two years old so hardly applicable. It would be the same to in two years time drag up the Ryanair cancellation from last year to say how Ryanair has many cancellation.

I flew with Vueling last week. I was able to check in online and had the boarding card on my phone. No need to queue if you do not have luggage to check in.

Only criticism would be that the pitch of the seats is very small and may be unconformable for taller people. For me it was just OK for the flight length but would not like to be there for long haul flights

bigar wrote: »

This article is two years old so hardly applicable. It would be the same to in two years time drag up the Ryanair cancellation from last year to say how Ryanair has many cancellation.

I flew with Vueling last week. I was able to check in online and had the boarding card on my phone. No need to queue if you do not have luggage to check in.

Only criticism would be that the pitch of the seats is very small and may be unconformable for taller people. For me it was just OK for the flight length but would not like to be there for long haul flights
    I posted that article over a year ago! Which was the winter season after they had their disaster year!!! So at that time it was a little more applicable than it would be now !

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭FCB1899

Have flown back from Barcelona a few times with them and never had any issues.Pleasant staff,good flight prices and easy to check in with the Vueling app. They use Terminal 1 which might catch you out if you have flown into BCN with Ryanair or Aer Lingus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Used them a few times. Online check in. No issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

They don't have online check in when flying out of Dublin but that isn't much of an issue anyway. They are perfectly fine and I haven't encountered any problems with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

I flew Barcelona to Bilbao with Vueling last Saturday and was slightly apprehensive having read some posts on here. Totally unnecessary though as the entire experience was one of the most pleasant flight experiences I’ve had. Very smooth boarding procedure at the gate, staggered buses to the plane leading to a much calmer boarding experience, and a very ‘airy’ interior to the plane.

Boarding was through front and back steps in Barcelona and we disembarked by airbridge in Bilbao which was welcomed as it was lashing! I would definitely make an effort to use them ahead of other airlines when flying to Spain in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭legohouse

Mixed feelings on them...
    Flew barcelona - bilbao on Fri and bilbao - barcelona on Sun as stopovers on way from Dublin
    Fri seemed very slow loading and we were 30 mins late leaving even though we boarded early
    Sun was a nightmare - 5.30pm scheduled depart - delayed to 7.10pm - eventually left at 8.00pm.
    (Our flight from Barcelona to dublin was due to leave at 9.15pm )
    Getting on plane they wanted to take hand luggage of us
    we explained that due to their delay we were going to miss our connection and wanted to get straight off with luggage. Woudn't budge, no understanding and even threatened to not let us on plane when I kept saying we didnt want to delay any further.
    I know they were technically right about cabins being full of luggage but I thought they could have been a bit more understanding of them causing us to miss a connection..
    but otherwise flight was ok lol... rant over

legohouse wrote: »
    Getting on plane they wanted to take hand luggage of us
    we explained that due to their delay we were going to miss our connection and wanted to get straight off with luggage. Woudn't budge, no understanding and even threatened to not let us on plane when I kept saying we didnt want to delay any further.
    I know they were technically right about cabins being full of luggage but I thought they could have been a bit more understanding of them causing us to miss a connection..
    but otherwise flight was ok lol... rant over

This is a problem in every airline now, and unfortunately while you were a genuine case this is the spiel everyone gives to the ground staff when they are trying to deal with this station. Some airlines will tag your cabin luggage to the final destination if you have a connection like this scenario.

Advertisement