Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Antifa.....the joke that keeps on giving

1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Still basically an immigration issue though. Spencer doesn't want the refugees.

So what if he doesn't want them? lot of people don't, why wasn't he allowed to protest us intervention in syria?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Depp wrote: »
    Still basically an immigration issue though. Spencer doesn't want the refugees.

So what if he doesn't want them? lot of people don't, why wasn't he allowed to protest us intervention in syria?

So what? You were just claiming that the thread wasn't focused on immigration.

20Cent wrote: »
    By someone they didn't like, you are refering to the white supremacist richard spencer?

Obviously, but why did they break up a protest against us intervention in syria? are they pro-intervention? or was it more petty bs just because spencer was running it?

So what? You were just claiming that the thread wasn't focused on immigration.

Its not, bar the last few pages its been a discussion about antifa, as suggested by the thread title, the immigration discussion was largely finished, you brought it back up.

Read the thread.

I have. The root issue underlining the entire thread is immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Obviously, but why did they break up a protest against us intervention in syria? are they pro-intervention? or was it more petty bs just because spencer was running it?

Because Spencer and his crew was running it obviously.

the core discussion is the actions of antifa, motivations for such actions have come up, why are you so set on getting this thread closed down?

Because Spencer and his crew was running it obviously.

thats a bit childish and petty wouldnt you agree? shut down a protest against something you are also against because you disagree with the organizers on other issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

No it's not.

thats a bit childish and petty wouldnt you agree? shut down a protest against something you are also against because you disagree with the organizers on other issues.

No. If he was handing free kittens to blind orphans he should be confronted.

• Advertisement

No. If he was handing free kittens to blind orphans he should be confronted.

so what then? just follow him around throwing glitter at him for the rest of his life just cause he said some things you disagree with? why not just lock him up at that stage be a lot handier!

so what then? just follow him around throwing glitter at him for the rest of his life just cause he said some things you disagree with? why not just lock him up at that stage be a lot handier!

Pretty much hound him whenever he tries to promote his white supremacist ideology in public. Don't think he could be locked up, maybe for hate speech.

Pretty much hound him whenever he tries to promote his white supremacist ideology in public. Don't think he could be locked up, maybe for hate speech.

what about when hes promoting his anti intervention in syria ideology?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

If you look at the title of the thread I think you'll agree that its purpose is not a reasoned discussion on immigration is it?

Listen everyone else in here is happy to leave this as is, if you dont like it then dont post in here

the core discussion is the actions of antifa, motivations for such actions have come up, why are you so set on getting this thread closed down?

Its discussing each sides reaction to the dispute over immigration.

And so I suggest it should be part of an immigration thread.

Can you stop trolling the thread....no one cares what you want. You are not a moderator

you literally argued against yourself there, yes its about antifas actions to disputes, therefore its not discussing immigration and doesnt belong in an immigration thread, ill ask again, why are you so adamant that this thread should be closed down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Can you stop trolling the thread....no one cares what you want. You are not a moderator

Either are you.

Either are you.

Yes but I'm not trying to move the thread to immigration

• Advertisement

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Listen everyone else in here is happy to leave this as is, if you dont like it then dont post in here

I'm just saying it would be a lot more honest to admit the issue is actually Immigration isn't it?

what about when hes promoting his anti intervention in syria ideology?

All public appearances are to promote himself and white supremacy.

Here's the event you are talking about. Guys openly admitting to being nazi's and anti semetic signs.

https://youtu.be/Q8521n1Tgi4

I'm just saying it would be a lot more honest to admit the issue is actually Immigration isn't it?

but its not, its antifa as an organization and their actions. The fact their motivations come up every so often doesn't chsnge the fact they're the main topic of discussion, why do you want the thread shut down so badly?

You dont need to come into the thread, leave it for the rest of us who think its OK:rolleyes:

Antifa with their usual lies, at least the guy got arrested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H27Ul9ZsHk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Drag thread off topic by complaining about a thread being off topic.
    #tactic

• Advertisement

All public appearances are to promote himself and white supremacy.

Here's the event you are talking about. Guys openly admitting to being nazi's and anti semetic signs.

https://youtu.be/Q8521n1Tgi4

Back to the original problem it seems, what gives antifa the right to decide what someone can and cant say then use violence to silence those they disagree with? Why is being an actual fascist ok when you pretend you're an anti fascist?

Also you do realize that violence gives legitimacy to his nonsense, 99% of people will hear his bs and think ''oh right this guys a mentalist!'' but when the perception is ''this guys freedom of speech is being silenced with violence and intimidation'' that will get a lot more people on side with him than him speaking.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

This thread kinda went unnoticed because, frankly, I don't think any of the mods knew what 'Antifa' was. But now it's started to get troublesome and generate reported posts. We've taken a closer look and it seems to have started off as a discussion on some sort of political movement and then turned into back and forth arguments about different political topics.

Well, we're not having it. There are two politics forums where you can discuss this Antifa thing and all other aspects of politics. I suggest you all cut out the bickering that's been going on in this thread when you post in either of those forums.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement