Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Float Tanks

Options
  • 05-04-2017 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced or heard of float tanks?? Looking into it, I hear they are beneficial for some injuries and also great for stress. If anyone has used them, any feedback would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,608 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Tried once. Felt like a novelty bath, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I hear they are beneficial for some injuries and also great for stress.

I've a friend who is a big fan. Uses them a lot when training hard.
    But I'd imagine the benefit is in terms of mental health rather than physical health.
    In that they might be good for stress, but not so much a sprained ankle or knee injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Mellor wrote: »
    I've a friend who is a big fan. Uses them a lot when training hard.
    But I'd imagine the benefit is in terms of mental health rather than physical health.
    In that they might be good for stress, but not so much a sprained ankle or knee injury.
    the brother made a vlog about a float tank session he did here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGU1aUTyiUA

the business is located in Naas, excellent set up

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kevillain2510

Looks like both of them enjoyed it, definitely seems more beneficial for mental rather than physical but I think I'll give it a go. Only one in Dublin though, thought that was a bit strange!! Apparently they're big business over in America at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Looks like both of them enjoyed it, definitely seems more beneficial for mental rather than physical but I think I'll give it a go. Only one in Dublin though, thought that was a bit strange!! Apparently they're big business over in America at the moment.

It's a big cost to set up and personally wouldn't be somerthubg I could see my self doing weekly

• Advertisement
Advertisement