Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ward v Kovalev 2

• 04-04-2017 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭

Terms for the Ward/Kovalev rematch apparently sorted and announcement shortly. Obviously glad two of the best will go at it again. Can see Ward winning comfortably this time. Not sure Kovalev can do much more other than throw all tactics away and go full Wilder and even so Ward didn't seem too phased by Kovalev's power. Recovered instantly from the knockdown and was taunting Kovalev after he was hit flush. Nevertheless should be another tense battle.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Yup, Ward and Kovalev go at it again, sweet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Gintonious wrote: »
    Yup, Ward and Kovalev go at it again, sweet!

Agreed, so nice to see no-one ducking it, pity plenty of others wouldn't take notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,729 ✭✭✭✭walshb

So what extra has Ward gotten this time? Three U.S. judges and a U.S. referee last time.

Ward fought a stinker last time. Very poor and uninspiring from the so called best in the world. No way he deserved that verdict.

Credit to Ward for re-matching. Maybe he felt afterwards that he never needed to fight so scared. Maybe this time he will go and win the fight. I think Ward knows deep down that he fought poorly. He wants to put it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

For me I think Ward wins quite wide on points this time. Facing a fearsome puncher such as Kovalev always carries a bit of uncertainty. This time Ward will know that he can take Kovalevs punches (granted he isn't immune from being caught and dropped by them) and once he boxes smart he can frustrate Sergei and nullify him with swift counters. Andre is renowned for being a very intelligent fighter and he will certainly have learned from the first one. On the flip side I don't think Sergei will change a thing, but that's not to say he can't get at Ward and cause damage. Wards to lose once he boxes smart for every minute of every round.

Advertisement