Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish in a trailer

Options
  • 05-04-2017 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi
    One of our neighbours has parked their trailer on the path outside their home (not in driveway but public path) in our estate. In this trailer there is household rubbish. We have contacted the litter warden, who where not very helpful because the offender is from a ethnic minority group. The offender has emptied the trailer but it is now full again. For the 5th week running.
    What are the laws? Its drawing rats and cats. It smells vile. Should i contact the garda.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

If it's on a public path it's littering. Laws apply equally to all ethnic groups. If people want equality then act accordingly. The council have to deal with it. If the litter warden won't then contact environ@kildarecoco.ie and escalate if they won't deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭babs.jones

Orion wrote: »
    If it's on a public path it's littering. Laws apply equally to all ethnic groups. If people want equality then act accordingly. The council have to deal with it. If the litter warden won't then contact environ@kildarecoco.ie and escalate if they won't deal with it.
    Thanks thats who i did contact. Was speaking to to them and all. They are hesitatant to send a litter warden out for their safety. But what about my safety and my kids.
    Is it littering if its in a trailer parked up for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Orion wrote: »

:rolleyes: Its their culture boss:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

when the thing is full, call that line to report fly tipping, they'll be more interested in where the waste is going, which ill bet is not to a legitimate dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Post a picture of the trailer on the farming section, somebody might recognise it and take it back ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

If you've already reported it to the LA concerned and you're not satisfied with their reaction, you may find that they will act that bit more quicker if you report your complaint through the complaints system on the EPA website.

Make your complaint to them. They will forward it on to Kildare CoCo. And Kildare CoCo will have to report their findings back to the EPA.

Guaranteed your complaint will get dealt with.

https://www.epa.ie/enforcement/report/

https://lema.epa.ie/complaints

Oh I forgot earlier. Gardai are obliged to assist litterwardens or other authorised officers when dealing with the Litter pollution act and or waste mgt.
    This bullsh1t that the litter warden is afraid to go out is just crap.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Would they have a waste disposal licence?

Advertisement