Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs Man City

• 05-04-2017 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Crucial game at the top of the table. Has the potential to be the best game in the EPL this season. Deserves a thread.

Guardiola, in maybe the biggest league game for his side so far this season away from home at runaway league leaders, has Navas at right back and Delph in central midfield. I love this man more than what might be considered healthy.

Zouma starts tonight for Chelsea and I'm excited to see how he does, Azpilicueta at right back, Fabregas in midfield.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Not confident. Two not match fit players in Delph and Kompany worry me.

I predict high scoring game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Crucial game at the top of the table. Has the potential to be the best game in the EPL this season. Deserves a thread.

Guardiola, in maybe the biggest league game for his side so far this season away from home at runaway league leaders, has Navas at right back and Delph in central midfield. I love this man more than what might be considered healthy.

Zouma starts tonight for Chelsea and I'm excited to see how he does, Azpilicueta at right back, Fabregas in midfield.

Either way whoever wins you win too right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

We're all winners on Boards!
    (Cept the mods...All mods are bast.......Beeeeeeeeep!)

2-1 chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Or Navas at RB, with Delph and Dinho sitting behind Leroy on the left, Kev on the right and Dave in the "10" role? I'm not holding out much hope for tonight, to be honest. I'd be excira and delira with a draw. Our defence does not fill me with confidence. When a struggling Arsenal side can ping in two against us, what will Hazard and Costa do?

Costa has been quiet of late.
    Need him to show up big time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Ear wig oh.

4-2 chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Already have with Barça putting in a bit of a masterclass of football tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Nice one willy. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

1-0 Azzarrrddd!

Bold lineup pays dividends for Conte and chelsea, Cabalerro poor.

• Advertisement

Goal Hazard! Chelsea's Belgian superstar sparkles again and this league title will be a feather in his hat.

On the flip side, Caballero is painfully below par at this level and it's cost City again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Sweet.

Ah well. On the bright side, we held out longer than I thought/feared we would.

Pep has a lot to answer for allowing this Goalkeeping situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

How has Delph come from nowhere to start this game?

JPA wrote: »
    How has Delph come from nowhere to start this game?

I'm only guessing but I suspect it has something to do with matching energy in midfield.

Courtois that is just shocking

Courtois commits an error just as De Gea did last night, one all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Courtois makes Caballero look like Buffon with the f**k up.

Thats the last thing you need when cruising. FFS

Goal City! Awful kick by Courtois into Silva and it rebounds to Aguero who scores. 1-1 for keeper errors.

• Advertisement

Get in.
    :D
    Too bloody early though.
    :(

Courtois dreaming of madrid

• Courtois getting a dose of the Bravos

Costa. :rolleyes:

Excellent timing by Courtois. The speed of Sane is tremendous. Hoddle and Mcmanaman on commentary complaining about 2 possession teams playing possession football is the most frustrating thing.

We've given away some awful s**t goals this year.

Costas poison, hes been brutal for months.

Excellent timing by Courtois. The speed of Sane is tremendous. Hoddle and Mcmanaman on commentary complaining about 2 possession teams playing possession football is the most frustrating thing.

I very rarely agree with you but the commentators are cat

I can see it, Spurs will lose and we'll be beaten.

Calling it early.

• Advertisement

well played Pedro.

Shocking penalty Hazard, lucky.

Lucky lad.

Not the best penalty but 2-1, silly by Fernandinho but Pedro's quick feet have proven tough to handle this season.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that there's more goals in this game. :pac:

It was always going to be difficult to get anything from tonight without gifting Chelsea a goal. Utterly brainless from Dinho.

• Advertisement

Courtois has a swinger of a right leg, good half, Hazard imperious.

This game is bad for the nerves.

Hazard the best player on the pitch, he should be lavished in gold and individual awards for the season he's had.

Chelsea doing very well to stop City from getting in behind their full backs. City's biggest threat this season is those low crosses from wide areas once they turn a defensive line but Chelsea have been strong, compact and deep in wide areas. City might want to try Sterling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Luiz has been a bit like his old self tonight. A couple of his brainless moments presented decent chances for City.

Zouma off, Matic on.

Spurs not doing a spurs for once.

• Advertisement

Spurs getting 3 goals in 5 mins, important we hang on now.

that hazard miss could be costly

Poor half.

John Stones is an omnishambles.

Get in. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Phew, thank **** for that. Some miss by Stones at the end.

Fantastic performance from Hazard to seal the points.

Yet again, schoolboy defending and missed chances cost us. Rinse and repeat.

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Poor half.

Ye not great. City struggled to find incisive passes inside, I understand why Guardiola wanted to maintain a double pivot to keep control and be aware of the counter attack but the 2 lads in midfield just don't move it quickly enough and don't have the invention to work space for other players. That being said they had 2 really good chances in the 2nd half that they failed to convert.

For Chelsea, that should be the title. They are the outstanding team in the league, they competed well in the first half, were very dangerous and got their goals. Second half they were resolute. They have the best player in the league (Hazard), they have an outstanding coach, the right circumstances and a very strong squad and that result should put to bed any doubt about the destination of the league title this season.

Panthro wrote: »
    We're all winners on Boards!
    (Cept the mods...All mods are bast.......Beeeeeeeeep!)

2-1 chelsea

If I could make bets before I call it, that'd be great...

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    John Stones is an omnishambles.

Get in. :pac:

I was going to give you a thanks but i cant celebrate a Chelsea win I'm afraid!
    But still Pep continues to struggle so that's a plus ðŸ˜

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I was going to give you a thanks but i cant celebrate a Chelsea win I'm afraid!
    But still Pep continues to struggle so that's a plus ðŸ˜

Puts City closer to Utd, which is a good thing for yourselves.

Does it annoy you that Guardiola has no trophy and is underperforming but all the "pressure" is on Jose, it really is a head scratcher, makes no sense IMO.

Utd are only 4 points behind with a game in hand and they have to play City yet.

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    Puts City closer to Utd, which is a good thing for yourselves.

Does it annoy you that Guardiola has no trophy and is underperforming but all the "pressure" is on Jose, it really is a head scratcher, makes no sense IMO.

Utd are only 4 points behind with a game in hand and they have to play City yet.

That's it in a nutshell really. He gets away with murder and in particular from the media.
    It's more built on rivals hating Utd /Jose combo than actually making legitimate debates / discussion.

As for the match, Conte again proving to be a top class manager so fair play to him.
    With Hazard and Kante on flying form it's hard see them being stopped.

• Advertisement
Advertisement