Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs Man City

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    That's it in a nutshell really. He gets away with murder and in particular from the media.
    It's more built on rivals hating Utd /Jose combo than actually making legitimate debates / discussion.

As for the match, Conte again proving to be a top class manager so fair play to him.
    With Hazard and Kante on flying form it's hard see them being stopped.

Nail, meet head.

I'd argue City have performed worse than Utd given the squad and expectations and IMO, Citys squad is better so should be doing better.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I know the overall second half wasn't great watching for Chelsea fans and the first half hour was really nervy but I have to say, I was impressed how we did in the last 15 minutes.

When Willian came on for Haz, I full on expected us to sit back and have 15 minutes of City creating chance after chance but it was actually pretty much all Chelsea with the chances. City had I think 2-3 meaningful attacks after Willian came onto the pitch and really, we had it well under control. (Well, if you can call letting Stones in with no one on him control... it is Stones after all.)

The same worrying issues in this game thankfully didn't cost us as much were the defensive brain farts from Luiz and tbh Zouma doesn't look back to his best yet.

Guardiola is a charlatan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I know the overall second half wasn't great watching for Chelsea fans and the first half hour was really nervy but I have to say, I was impressed how we did in the last 15 minutes.

When Willian came on for Haz, I full on expected us to sit back and have 15 minutes of City creating chance after chance but it was actually pretty much all Chelsea with the chances. City had I think 2-3 meaningful attacks after Willian came onto the pitch and really, we had it well under control. (Well, if you can call letting Stones in with no one on him control... it is Stones after all.)

The same worrying issues in this game thankfully didn't cost us as much were the defensive brain farts from Luiz and tbh Zouma doesn't look back to his best yet.

Guardiola is a charlatan.

I'm quietly collecting little phrases like "Guardiola is a charlatan" and noting them and then next season, when he's had a further chance to revamp and reshape Man City, I'll be reminding people of their words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I'm quietly collecting little phrases like "Guardiola is a charlatan" and noting them and then next season, when he's had a further chance to revamp and reshape Man City, I'll be reminding people of their words.

Don't be surprised if people remind you of yours!

Arghus wrote: »
    Don't be surprised if people remind you of yours!

I'm quite sure they already do, but there's so few that it's hardly worth mentioning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I'm quite sure they already do, but there's so few that it's hardly worth mentioning.

Your words?

I jest...of course, of course...

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I'll quite happily stand over that statement no matter how much he spends. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Stones could have easily grabbed a draw for city late on however he missed it. Very little quality in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

If you are quietly doing it, why are you telling us?

• Advertisement

If you are quietly doing it, why are you telling us?

So that you all know I'm quietly doing it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Excellent timing by Courtois. The speed of Sane is tremendous. Hoddle and Mcmanaman on commentary complaining about 2 possession teams playing possession football is the most frustrating thing.

Get out of here buddy, we dont want that crap in our league :pac:
    Possession :mad: wont someone think of the children

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Not the best penalty but 2-1, silly by Fernandinho but Pedro's quick feet have proven tough to handle this season.

Always liked Pedro, unfortunate at Barcelona no matter what he did there was always a Messi/Sanchez/Neymar etc that he never stood out a star. I have United friends who were slamming him because he didnt immediately take to the league

Advertisement