Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Developments??

Options
  • 05-04-2017 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

I would be hoping to start looking at buying my first house in the next 6-12 months. As a single applicant my budget is 270k.

Obviously I would love a new property due to the HTB scheme and all the luxuries that go with new properties, however I understand my options are limited with my budget.

My preference would be North Dublin but would be open to looking at surrounding areas.

The only development in Dublin I can see where I could afford a new property is Heathfield in Finglas which I wouldn't be crazy about. I currently live in Finglas and have driven by that development many times and just don't see myself living there.

Are there any other new developments under construction or in the pipeline for Dublin or surrounding areas which would be within my budget?

From looking on Daft.ie there are a good few new developments in well regarded parts of Dublin but the price of them are way out of my price range and many other first time buyers I would imagine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Do you definitely want a house?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I would be hoping to start looking at buying my first house in the next 6-12 months. As a single applicant my budget is 270k.

Obviously I would love a new property due to the HTB scheme and all the luxuries that go with new properties, however I understand my options are limited with my budget.

My preference would be North Dublin but would be open to looking at surrounding areas.

The only development in Dublin I can see where I could afford a new property is Heathfield in Finglas which I wouldn't be crazy about. I currently live in Finglas and have driven by that development many times and just don't see myself living there.

Are there any other new developments under construction or in the pipeline for Dublin or surrounding areas which would be within my budget?

From looking on Daft.ie there are a good few new developments in well regarded parts of Dublin but the price of them are way out of my price range and many other first time buyers I would imagine.

Heath field is not as bad as you'd think. The houses are fab and really well spec' with larger than average gardens. The problem for me is lack of shops etc close by, you have to walk/drive to the top shops if you want anything.

Belltree in Clongriffin, Dublin 13
    Belmayne in Clongriffin, Dublin 13
    Grace Park Wood in Drumcondra
    Hampton Wood housing in Poppintree, Dublin 11

To name a few

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

kceire wrote:
    Heath field is not as bad as you'd think. The houses are fab and really well spec' with larger than average gardens. The problem for me is lack of shops etc close by, you have to walk/drive to the top shops if you want anything.

I agree the houses look lovely but I just don't like where the estate is situated and also for reasons you mentioned above.
    kceire wrote:
    Belltree in Clongriffin, Dublin 13 Belmayne in Clongriffin, Dublin 13 Grace Park Wood in Drumcondra Hampton Wood housing in Poppintree, Dublin 11

The houses in Belltree in Clongriffin look to be over my budget and I don't see any new builds in Belmayne?

Have the prices been released for Grace Park Wood? Looking here and don't see any prices listed. I would have my doubts they would be under 270k.

Do you definitely want a house?

Please elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Please elaborate?

Presumably he/she means there are probably more options in apartments at that price point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Thats exactly what I meant.
    Many of the new build developments have started with houses but there are apartments in the plans. They're just last on the construction schedule.

Thats exactly what I meant. Many of the new build developments have started with houses but there are apartments in the plans. They're just last on the construction schedule.

Yes I definitely want a house.

I have lived in apartments for the last 7 years and can't wait to get away from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

If Navan is an option for you, check out Cois Glaisin. HAven't been there, but it's your price range.

LirW wrote:
    If Navan is an option for you, check out Cois Glaisin. HAven't been there, but it's your price range.

Will have a look at that. Thanks

LirW wrote:

They look nice. My preference would be Dublin though but I wouldn't completely rule them out.

Anyone know of any other developments in the pipeline for Dublin in the next 12 months within that budget?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

I agree the houses look lovely but I just don't like where the estate is situated and also for reasons you mentioned above.

The houses in Belltree in Clongriffin look to be over my budget and I don't see any new builds in Belmayne?

Have the prices been released for Grace Park Wood? Looking here and don't see any prices listed. I would have my doubts they would be under 270k.

Grace park wood will be high 400's. Price has not been finalised yet. I enquired about them last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

Another good source is this thread www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1895989

Also, set up some (broad) RSS feeds or e-mail notifications for newbuilds from daft, and in a few weeks you'll probably know all the developments :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Would you consider Dublin 15? There are four new developments that I can think of, some have threads on boards

Barnwell, hansfield Woods, Hollywoodrath, castlegrange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Just drop your name in with a couple of new homes agents, some are better than others. I wouldn't be waiting on a response though, I'd be following up once/twice a month, there is a big waiting list. If your budget is thin you may have to look past Dublin, many of the towns on the commuter belt are lovely at a fraction of the price.

Advertisement