Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flowering banana

Options
  • 05-04-2017 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

So I bought a banana seed on eBay last year and the thing is now flowering on my window sill. Any advice on growing Irish bananas?

I removed the biggest pup as I was afraid it was taking too much water from the little pot, it really needs to be watered a lot every day. Should I remove the others? Any other advice?

BTW it is a dwarf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

Here are some pics

Zenify wrote: »
    Here are some pics

Gorgeous!! How much was the seed, if you dont mind my asking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

So I bought a banana seed on eBay last year and the thing is now flowering on my window sill. Any advice on growing Irish bananas?

I removed the biggest pup as I was afraid it was taking too much water from the little pot, it really needs to be watered a lot every day. Should I remove the others? Any other advice?

BTW it is a dwarf

Wow cool! I got a sapling during the winter of a banana suitable for outdoors. It's small still but growing.

Iirc then they won't produce fruit unless they're in a hot tropical climate? Correct me if I'm wrong

Jake1 wrote: »
    Gorgeous!! How much was the seed, if you dont mind my asking

I think it was about 3 or 4 euro including delivery for 10. It was pretty hard to germinate. These bananas apparently are full of seeds and not the best for eating, all going according to plan I'll have some seeds soon to give away.
    Wow cool! I got a sapling during the winter of a banana suitable for outdoors. It's small still but growing.

Iirc then they won't produce fruit unless they're in a hot tropical climate? Correct me if I'm wrong

There's already tiny bananas coming out of the fruit now. it grows very fast.

I think it was about 3 or 4 euro including delivery for 10. It was pretty hard to germinate. These bananas apparently are full of seeds and not the best for eating, all going according to plan I'll have some seeds soon to give away.

There's already tiny bananas coming out of the fruit now. it grows very fast.

Id love if you would keep me in mine for a few :)

• Advertisement

The bananas are growing nicely. only a few but can expect too many in Ireland.

Advertisement