Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long after my birthday is too long to celebrate?

Options
  • 06-04-2017 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I turn 21 in a few weeks and was thinking about celebrating it with friends. It wouldn't be anything huge, just pre-drinks and then out to a pub. Trouble is, my birthday falls during exams and the nearest exam-free day is 9 days after my actual birthday. Is this too long after the day to still celebrate it? I believe the general rule is a week max?

I thought about doing something on a Friday night a bit closer to my birthday. This would be still during exams, but close to the end and at the weekend. Would this be a good or a bad idea? I really don't want to interfere with people's exams.

Please help, I'm no good at all these unwritten rules sort of things XD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Happy Birthday!!

I'd wait until after the exams, a double celebration of finishing the exams and your birthday. You can really let your hair down then. Mention the exams when issuing the invites to explain the delay, I'm sure your friends will be delighted to celebrate then. Hope you have a great time and best of luck in the exams

Advertisement