Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I stop all the spam emails and texts from you?

• 06-04-2017 11:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hi, I've been getting spam emails and texts for the last while that i never signed up for.
    I don't want them, never did.
    I want to get them stopped asap, it's a major pain in the hole that i didn't ask for.
    How do i get them stopped?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon stoksyXL, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

Can I just clarify the nature of these emails and texts and do you know if they are genuine. We have a helpful page on our website here which explains why type of information we would never ask for in texts or emails which may help with this. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,894 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

+1
    are you sure they are coming from Bank of Ireland and not from some crooks in Nigeria pretending to be from Bank of Ireland

I just looked at my email and I have 2 mails from Bank of Ireland in the past month, and none before that since before Christmas, which strikes me as a company who doesnt spam their customers too badly and makes me think that at least some of your mails are lads looking to empty your account.

Best advice is to open the mails and do what they ask, to the letter, entering all passwords and whatever personal details they are asking you for, and if your bank account suddenly ends up with no money in it after some strange transfers to nigeria, then you'll have established that the bank is not spamming you and it was those cheeky pups in Nigeria after all !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭stoksyXL

Good Afternoon stoksyXL, 

Can I just clarify the nature of these emails and texts and do you know if they are genuine. We have a helpful page on our website here which explains why type of information we would never ask for in texts or emails which may help with this. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    The emails and texts are genuine, from bank of ireland.

They're informing me of offers and updates / changes that I dont give a balix about.

They're just annoying popping up in my mailbox and coming through to my phone. If i wanted to know anything, I'll contact yourselfs directly, so don't want any more informing emails or texts to my phone or my email inbox. This has been going on for the last while now and I'm sick of it, next step is to change my bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

stoksyXL wrote: »
    Good Afternoon stoksyXL, 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    The emails and texts are genuine, from bank of ireland.

They're informing me of offers and updates / changes that I dont give a balix about.

They're just annoying popping up in my mailbox and coming through to my phone. If i wanted to know anything, I'll contact yourselfs directly, so don't want any more informing emails or texts to my phone or my email inbox. This has been going on for the last while now and I'm sick of it, next step is to change my bank.
    Thanks for coming back to us stoksyXL, 

If you'd like to have your details removed for our mailing lists you can send this request via the Service Desk on 365Online and a representative will be happy to update this for you. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement