Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Query - Broker needed

Options
  • 06-04-2017 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all

Unusual mortgage query. I was advised boards is a good place to ask.
    I'm looking for advice on getting a second mortgage.

Current situation. Living with partner no children, 36 and we have a mortgage of 185k on our home worth 270k.

I have an apartment i bought alone in the boom. It's worth 160k I owe 102k on it and have rented it for years fully tax compliant etc. Now what I want to do for long personal reasons is to sell this particular apartment and buy a slightly better one for same purpose of renting it out.

I want to do this alone (not with partner) and on a salary of 36k I will have a 75k deposit to put to it and would be hoping for a buy to let mortgage of 120k.

Questions. Is this possible? I've a great savings record, work for 8 years in a permanent office job and have no loans or debts. Has anyone out there' got a buy to let mortgage recently.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Advertisement