Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long for meter reading to show up under account?

Options
  • 06-04-2017 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Got my first gas bill this morning which was over-estimated, so I've gone in and entered a meter reading manually, but it's not showing up anywhere on the account and the bill hasn't been adjusted. Is this something that takes some time to take effect on my account?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi spongerobinson,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Yes, the processing of a gas meter-reading does take a number of working days to complete, because the meter-reading has to be verified by Gas Networks Ireland before the bill can be released.

If you have any further queries, please let us know. If you would like us to check your account, send us a private message confirming the relevant Electric Ireland account number, stating that you are the account-holder and confirming your name, address and date of birth.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Thanks Una,

I'll give it a few days and if it doesn't update, I'll get back in touch.

Cheers for your help.

Advertisement