Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster Team Talk Thread VI - Stander Up and Fight

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

The level of whataboutery and goal shifting by the MOLFs in this thread is just stunning.

I wonder what the next Mole article will be about.

Enlighten me please.

MOLF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Psycho Killer - "Hands Away" (Prop-Prop-Prrrroppp-Prop, Prop-Prop-Prop-Prrrrrrop-Prop)
    Defunkd wrote: »
    We have changed a lot of coaches but to me, the best result was Rassie and the defence coach - forget his name. Such a change in such a short time! It kind of scuttles the idea that it takes a long time for them to gel, settle and see results. Yeah, outr backline attack wasn't spectacular but historically it never was. Up the jumper stuff...but if it wins games it's good.
    Tbh, i liked Penney but locks on the wings and lateral rugby wasn't good. I genuinely think he'd have had better success had he come along a few years later.

JVG spoke at some meeting last week and gave hints at his medium-term plans for Munster. The man who relayed it to me was very impressed with JVG's analysis and vision for Munster and got the impression he wants to stay here for the foreseeable future. VG also gave a brief mention to Fineen - reckons he will be International in about a year.

Out of the current batch of youngsters he's best placed to make the jump to that level. He's got that bit of dog that you can't coach, Quinny had it, POM has it, and Fineen seems to be cut from the same cloth. Darren O'Shea could do with some of it, Fineen is nowhere near his size but puts himself about far more.

Hope he stays injury free and is given plenty game time in the next 12 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

A new born king to see POM POM POM POM POM
    Steve wrote: »
    Enlighten me please.

MOLF?
    from three red kings blog.
    Munster Obsessed Leinster Fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

John Hayes Ligind
    Steve wrote: »
    Enlighten me please.

MOLF?

It's been so long since Munster have won anything that their fans are slowly turning into the crazy main woman in Mean Girls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

It's been so long since Munster have won anything that their fans are slowly turning into the crazy main woman in Mean Girls

And Leinster fans remain true to themselves & often quote mean girls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Psycho Killer - "Hands Away" (Prop-Prop-Prrrroppp-Prop, Prop-Prop-Prop-Prrrrrrop-Prop)
    Defunkd wrote: »
    Tbh, i liked Penney but locks on the wings and lateral rugby wasn't good. I genuinely think he'd have had better success had he come along a few years later.

I tend to agree. Rugby in Ireland was 3-5 years behind where Penney needed it to be. Locks on the wing is all well and good when you have Sam Whitelock or Brodie Retallick galloping with the ball and offloading through the tackle.

It's a very different scenario when you have Donncha O'Callaghan doing it when he has barely touched the ball in a decade.

It would be very interesting to see how someone like Tadhg Beirne would get on in such a system allowing him space in wider channels and mismatches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Mod: We've had quite enough inter-provincial baiting and trolling, thank you all very much. Cards and bans are being issued for any more of this nonsense.

Edit: That includes Leinster fans posting triumphant photos, and people calling others MOLFs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Think it's today Edinburgh qf details will be out: https://twitter.com/MRSC16/status/1090275758105276416?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

March 1st seems to be the general sale date from the SRU.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

razorblunt wrote: »
    March 1st seems to be the general sale date from the SRU.
    Thought I saw 6th Feb as public sale date on the Edinburgh site.

• Advertisement

Thought I saw 6th Feb as public sale date on the Edinburgh site.

That's the early bird.

Edinburgh STH: 25 January to midnight 5 February
    Early Bird Offer: 10am 6 February to midnight 28 February
    General Sale: 1 March to midnight 27 March

A whole month of early bird!

I'll be buying one anyway I'd say to get a decent spot if I can but with a babóg due a few days before I'd be very, very optimistic of going obviously.

T

I'll be buying one anyway I'd say to get a decent spot if I can but with a babóg due a few days before I'd be very, very optimistic of going obviously.

Ahahahahahaha! :D:D:D Ah, the innocence! You actually think you might be allowed leave the country... :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Zzippy wrote: »
    Ahahahahahaha! :D:D:D Ah, the innocence! You actually think you might be allowed leave the country... :D:D:D

Razorblunt lives in Edinburgh/Scotland I believe. :)

That's the early bird.

Edinburgh STH: 25 January to midnight 5 February
    Early Bird Offer: 10am 6 February to midnight 28 February
    General Sale: 1 March to midnight 27 March

A whole month of early bird!

Yeah it looks like public can avail of early bird too. General sale just means price is more expensive afaik

Nothing-to-See-15a34a2fc727c8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Eod100 wrote: »
    Think it's today Edinburgh qf details will be out: https://twitter.com/MRSC16/status/1090275758105276416?s=19

its details of the Munster allocation for the supporters club that is out today

Ah yeah I'm not that much of a mad man / dope to think I'd get out of the country for the game!

In fairness though, she's pretty much said if it arrives before the game I can head on in (no boozing obviously) but if it goes over then I'd imagine attending it is going to have some sort of Garry and Owen type consequences like in Alone it Stands as the baby gets called Duhann / Blair / WP etc!

Anyone having issues with link MRSC sent for tickets for qf? Doesn't seem to want to accept my card details..

Anyone having issues with link MRSC sent for tickets for qf? Doesn't seem to want to accept my card details..

having issues just picking seats

maybe the demand at present

Riskymove wrote: »
    having issues just picking seats

maybe the demand at present

Seems to be plenty of seats, unless someone had specific ones selected just before you or something. Didn't seem to want to take my card number. Rang bank and everything was ok my end. Switched card type to credit card or Visa credit instead of debit and that seemed to do the trick. In case anyone else experiences same problem!

• Advertisement

Seems to be plenty of seats, unless someone had specific ones selected just before you or something. Didn't seem to want to take my card number. Rang back and everything was ok my end. Switched card type to credit card or Visa credit instead of debit and that seemed to do the trick. In case anyone else experiences same problem!

yes I am getting the same issue with credit card

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

booked with visa debit with no problem

Tickets bought

As EOD said you just have to switch card Type once or twice and it works itself out

I also notice that you cannot print tickets yet. We will get a separate email in due course with the tickets to print

EDIT: Email received

Must be sporadic I guess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

What were the seating options like? I am not in the MRSC anymore. A friend was only getting the corners.

Also what price brackets were available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Boscoirl wrote: »
    What were the seating options like? I am not in the MRSC anymore. A friend was only getting the corners.

Not great seats available and they were flying out. I got platinum for £30 each, gold is £25

20 to 30 quid sterling

A range of sections available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Looking now, they're nearly all in the corners/ends. If you prefer something central, might be better to pick up tickets from the general sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Charlie 22

I was wondering the same I'm not an MRSC member but want to get seats with Munster fans if possible in the general sale. Will those be all mixed I wonder ?

• Advertisement

Charlie 22 wrote: »
    I was wondering the same I'm not an MRSC member but want to get seats with Munster fans if possible in the general sale. Will those be all mixed I wonder ?

Yeah the SRU won't care.
    You'll have to sit there and listen to Alasdair and Ruaidhrí drone on about the weather, the pitch, the shape of the ball, the colour of the jersey is stopping Edinburgh from being the best team in the world and thats before they get onto POM and the lads' shenanigans and the ref!
    But it will be worth it.

Edinburgh supporters club will probably take the 2 sections either side of the halfway line and the middle section itself, the rest will go general sale.

I got E8 which is as close to Central as was available but there weren't many left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Charlie 22 wrote: »

Probably yeah.

I don't know if there's any financial benefit in buying from Munster's / the MRSC's allocation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

who_me wrote: »
    Probably yeah.

I don't know if there's any financial benefit in buying from Munster's / the MRSC's allocation.

Maybe not financial, but there's the benefit of knowing you won't be sitting on your own in the middle of a few thousand Edinburgh fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Fractured eye soceted!!! ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭BoardAtWork

And a fractured jaw. Yet he played for 60 min.

I've no idea how long he'll be out, but I'd be surprised if it impacted on Munster post 6N.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

And a fractured jaw. Yet he played for 60 min.

I've no idea how long he'll be out, but I'd be surprised if it impacted on Munster post 6N.

He'll be back for Edinburgh I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

troyzer wrote: »
    Next week

Next week

Not with a fractured eye socket. It's usually at least a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I suspect it was a joke as the Irish game is in Edinburgh next week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

If it requires surgery that could be a week or two before it is done to allow swelling to go down then it's anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks recovery

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭BAM! uhavechlamydia

He'll do well to get back for the Heineken cup qf...he could perhaps wear a protective mask...but no point taking any risks...
    some twitter reports saying it happened it the first 5 mins...mad that he stayed on so long and he really should have been hooked at halftime if that really is the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Guess Who's Back, Back Again? JJ's Back, Tell a Friend
    Horrific, it just goes to show how much these guys put their body on the line. How he has a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,621 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

He should have been replaced! He could have sustained more damage!! What about player welfare?

Dubinusa wrote: »
    He should have been replaced! He could have sustained more damage!! What about player welfare?

Do you know for definite that the medical team knew he had a fractured socket and jaw?
    What if the player didn't tell them?

Do you know for definite that the medical team knew he had a fractured socket and jaw?

They have eyes, his face was scarily swollen. Whatever about Ireland, if he's out for the qf I won't be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

John Hayes Ligind
    Caranica wrote: »
    They have eyes, his face was scarily swollen. Whatever about Ireland, if he's out for the qf I won't be happy.

Ah well that’s very sad. Hope you’re happy again some time soon. Maybe he can send you a card or something to apologize.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

His brother in law said he had multiple fractures on Twitter. It mushroomed from there.

Ever got a black eye? The body reacts to physical trauma through swelling and inflammation. There is literally no way to tell if it's just a soft tissue injury or a fracture without an x-ray. Presumably they don't have those in the dressing rooms in the Aviva. Unless the player is suffering severe pain, and tells the medical team so, they have no way of knowing how bad it is.

Ever got a black eye? The body reacts to physical trauma through swelling and inflammation. There is literally no way to tell if it's just a soft tissue injury or a fracture without an x-ray. Presumably they don't have those in the dressing rooms in the Aviva. Unless the player is suffering severe pain, and tells the medical team so, they have no way of knowing how bad it is.

The Aviva does have X-ray equipment. It also has a standby dentist and operating theatre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

They actually do

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/lansdowne-xray-vision-giving-ireland-extra-edge-29984610.html

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement